Do you have some pics of the new Spector?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 2, 2004.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I am in love with the new Euro 4 LX.

Always Neck-thru but alder body with top. i love the natural oil finished with dark tops such as Zebrawood.

do you have more pics?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!!! That is beautiful!!!!!!!
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'know, I'm glad I decided I'm going to endorse Spector.

... now they just need to be alerted to the fact that I exist. But that's a petty detail at best.
  4. Just out of curiousity, what type of sound does alder and zebrawood have? I am looking into purchasing a Euro spector and that bass is beautiful. Also, does anyone know if the upkeep on natural oil finishes is different than regular basses? i.e. different cleaning, polishing etc. Thanks for your time.
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I have never player a neck thru bass with alder body. So can not comment. Usually alder gives a warm and full of attack sound, great for fingerstyle.

I can not imagine how a spector in this wood combo will be. For sure it could be really lighter than maple ones. and that's not bad! :hyper:
  6. Must play.... going to have accident in pants ...
  7. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    How about a shot of MY new Spector?
  8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I also endorse Spector...unofficially of course!!! Who knows, one day...
  9. well that's just great, now I've got GAS again :meh:
    Very beautyfull bass!
  10. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    why do you buy european spector instead of US ones? maybe for the price... aren't the US better?? they sound maybe better too. i have a US one and i love it
  11. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    They're nigh on the same bass, same hardware and pickups, sound very similar and are over $1000 cheaper! I believe the main differences are that the body wings aren't solid maple (thick flame maple top over alder), and the active circuit is different, but that's about it.

I'm currently GASsing after a Czech NS-5CRFM... :D

Russ :bassist:
  12. Nope. If you're talking about Euro neck-through vs. US neck-through, they're almost 4000$ cheaper, they don't have the same electronics, and the body wings are also made of figured maple (AAAA-grade for the US, though).

TampaBlues, I have the exact same bass as you. Absolutely schweeeet, isn't it? :cool:
  13. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    yeah but 4000$ just for the AAAAA and some better harware or woods it's not worth it!! and i prefer alder over maple for the sound. so....maybe i'll go for a euro one day and just change some electronics. should be good.
  14. The stock Euro electronics are still awesome, IMO. :)

AAAA-grade figured maple doesn't sound any better than straight-grained maple. And personally, I prefer pearl inlays to abalone.

Hooray for the Czechtors! :hyper:
  15. As a follow up to this thread, it turns out that they only made one of those zebrawood euro LX's... and I bought it! I just took pictures of it tonight, so I will post them on this thread in the next few days (still learning how to use digital camera).

P.S. It sounds and looks beautiful.
  16. I hate you!!! :mad: :bawl:

Seriously man, congratulations! I await for those pics! :hyper:
  17. Finally got a chance to post pics. I figured I would turn this dead thread into I showcase for all my Basses. Hope no one minds. Here are some close ups of the new Spector. Man is it sweet.
  18. I don't understand. How do you post a pic right on the post and not in a thumbnail, like tampablues did? I can't figure it out. Is this some sort of supporting member perk?
  19. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    That is one beautiful bass!!! :bassist: Makes you wonder why they didn't think of that a long time ago... what does the back look like? is the alder stained to match the top or is it just a clear coat over natural finish?