1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you know anything about this brand/model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mammoth_Bass, Mar 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    hey everyone,

While browsing the interwebs for my next source of GAS I came across this beautiful jazz bass from Crews Maniac Sound. I am hoping some of you can shed some insight into the brand and maybe even model this bass is. I have owned other Japanese basses such as FGN and Bacchus which have all been top notch. This one is a bit more than I can afford but I might make a lower offer depending on what I find out. I have lately been GASsing for a Jazz with a rosewood blocked and bound neck if anyone has any other ideas for me. Thanks in advance

Crews Maniac Sound KEY KTR JB-01/ASH Free Shipping | eBay

0B9376F3-EEC4-4D3F-AC41-0658C8CDD3D0.png

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I got nutn on the brand.

That being said, that blocks and binding on a rosewood board combined with that deep blue and tort looks fantastic.

Ghastly, esa372 and Mammoth_Bass like this.
  3. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Damn, for that price you’re in used Fender Custom shop territory. Or used USA Lakland territory. No way I’d spend that money on an unknown brand.

It does look sharp though.

LBS-bass and Ghastly like this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  5. sninja

sninja

May 21, 2012
    Tokyo, Japan
    Now I’m living in Tokyo, and actually have one of Crews basses (here Japanese just call in クルズ ("KURUZU"), model Uncle HB. The build quality is easily on pair with Sadowsky metro line! Fretting is flawless, neck is straight - you can get action as low as 1mm on treble side without noticeable string noize; preamps are just one of the best I’ve ever tried (TBC-1 18v), with plenty of headroom and boost! My model has very lightweight ash body, under 3,8kg... just my dream bass. Tone is huge and it plays like butter. If you have the opportunity to play one of these basses from Crews, definitely try it! Top notch Japanese quality!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    kodiakblair likes this.
  6. chuck65

chuck65 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Orange Park FL.
    IMG_1922.JPG G&L will make you one for less and it will be the EXACT JB that you always wanted !