1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you know how to...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassyeah, Apr 20, 2009.

1. I hope this is the right forum.
    The carpet inside the port of my GK RBH cabinet is coming loose... does it matter what kind of adnesive I use??? It seems kind of silly writing this but I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks-

2. does someone have an idea for me?

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    3M Super 77.

4. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    ^^ Trust the man.

/thread

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

Exactly what I was thinking. Use it all the time.

6. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I've had good luck with contact cement, but I'll have to get some of that stuff, is it easy to find?

7. Thank you! ... is this a spray on? Home depot?

8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Spray glue works great but if you can't get the can inside the port to properly spray the underside of the loose carpet without overspray getting on everything, then contact cement applied with a brush or foam applicator would work fine. Apply a fine coating to both surfaces (back of carpet and wood), let dry then press together--voila.

9. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    You can actually apply spray glue on your hand and smear it into the ports if you need too. Spray some on the back of the carpet if you can too. Get the 3M stuff.
    Wes

10. Thanks guys... I did find the 3m and will give it a try this weekend. I'm thinking I should use gloves to spray it on my hands and spread it :) that is a good idea though... I was wondering how I was going to get it on the wood inside of the port.

Thansk again!