Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you know this Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPulsar, Nov 20, 2002.

1. BassPulsar

BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    Portugal
    Do you know this bass?
    It's a Bass Collection SB465!! It's a nice looking bass, don't you think?
    I think that they are made in Japan and they cost (more or less) 1100€ (~1000$), but beside this, I really do not have any other idea about this bass!!!!!!
    Can anyone help me here??

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Do you own one or are you planning to buy one?

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Maybe my eyes are going, but it looks like the G string in right on the edge of the neck. Otherwise looks like a very clean bass.

4. BassPulsar

BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    Portugal
    Hi,

I don't have one of this... I am in the search for the better bass for the money, and in this process I stumbled on "Bass Collection"!!

Thank you once again!
    Regards!

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've owned one & a friend of mine owned 2 & they were really nice basses except that the necks aren't very stable.

6. BassPulsar

BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    Portugal
    Thank you all!!

But Nino... From what I understand you HAD this bass. Why did you sold it? What do you mean by the neck being not that stable!

Any one else has anything more to say about this bass?

Regards.

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    hiya, i have an sb310. You really should look into buying one second hand, they resell dirt cheap, mine was just £180!

Check out your local ebay (eg www.ebay.co.uk if your in england), or second hand sites such as www.adtrader.co.uk or www.loot.com :)

Very good basses, especially for the price (that i payed). That in the pic looks like an upmarket version of mine ;)

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

As Yoshi said - there are loads of these about in England and they are usually much less than 1100 Euros.

I think the tone is too generic and I don't really like them, although there's nothing really bad about them. I found the body too small for the overall balance - bit I would imagine this is personal preference...

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The neck needed to be adjusted on mine very often & so did one of the 2 my friend owned.

10. kevinod

kevinod

Jun 29, 2002
    Cork, Ireland
    Hey,

Tanglewood Rebel 4K is supposed to be a Bass Collection copy, haven't experienced the real deal of an actual Bass Collection bass but these Tanglewoods are pretty sweet...

www.muzonet.com/tanglewood (I think), Cort in the states from what I've heard...

Kev.