Do you know those Bartolinis

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by myszow, May 14, 2005.

1. myszow

myszow

May 1, 2005
    Do you know those pickups? P-bass set of "8W4 B" and "8W4 N" and J-bass pickup "9E S". Can anyone tell me anything about them?

thanks
    msz

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

N & B & S & L are standard abbreviations for neck and bridge (kind of wierd on a P pup) and short and long. The 9E-S is the short version of the Bart Active J "set". I have a set of those and the 9E-S is actually a passive Bart J they chose as compatible with the Active pup. Can be ran by itself like any other passive and is probably just one of their standard J's, although I don't know that for a fact - sounds like one. The 9E bridge contains the preamp and is active. Don't know if all Bart actives are that way but I know at least two of their active sets are - and they haven't make many. The 9E is listed on the standard Bart J page on their site.

3. myszow

myszow

May 1, 2005
    Thanks for your answer! I am not into bass too much so what is short and long pickup?

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Fender, the first jazz bass, made his J pups different lengths because the string spacing is closer together at the neck (pickup closer to the neck) than the bridge pickup. So, the neck pickup is S - short. The bridge pickup L - long.

Most manufacturers have followed in suit - including Bartolini.