Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT BASS THIS IS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NEWBIE-BASSIST, Oct 16, 2005.

1. NEWBIE-BASSIST

NEWBIE-BASSIST

Oct 16, 2005
    Australia
    Im new to the whole bass thing and i got a bass for my birthday, and i really love it but i want to find out some info about it, all it says on it is stage series. Ill add a picture if that helps. Any help would be awesome thanks.

PS this forum rules :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Can't help you with the ID, but welcome to the board! Now dig in and start practicing. :D

3. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Looks like a Dean Edge 4, i used to have one in red - it definatly looks like a dean to me anyway...nice bass :bassist:

<edit> And welcome, everyone's really nice on here...

4. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    looks like a Cort to me!

5. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    You could be right, i remembered my dean used to have strange wing type things instead of dots - silly not remembering it as thats why i sold it...bit to flashy american for me :bag:

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Me too.

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Corts(least the one I started on) have a little cut on the headstock making it look like a little circle was cut off. Doesn't seem to be a cort to me.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cort, not sure what model.

9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Welcome to the board and the world of bass playing!

' '''' ''' <-- As a welcome gift, I brought some apostrophes for you. Feel free to use them.

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I'm going to diverge from the pack and say it's one of the starter Hartke basses.

11. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Its got a sort of Dean headstock style..

12. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Whatever it is, welcome to the boards. If you've just started playing bass, look at all the Newbie links that we have in the various forums. You'll learn a LOT from them. Everything from tone advice to playing tips and maybe even how to upgrade that new bass of yours.

Just remember to use the Search Function if you think you have a question that has already been answered before.

That bass looks like that Hartke but with only a single P pickup.

-Eric.

13. NEWBIE-BASSIST

NEWBIE-BASSIST

Oct 16, 2005
    Australia
    Thanks for your help, now i should probobly concentrate on my playing.