1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you let the content of your dreams influence your daily life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Just wondering, do you, or do you tell yourself it's just a dream and carry on?

\MM/ style.

2. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    i can't ever remember dreams.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I have had dreams of being a hamburger before. I was left saddened upon waking, for I had witnessed a life of great beauty that will be forever unattainable.

4. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I didn't dream for like 10 years or so. I had a heavy meth habit and it killed my dreams. When I cleaned up about 7 years ago all the dreams came back VERY VERY vividly!!!!! I was afraid to sleep for a few months. Now I don't remember them much but I do dream.

I try to ignore them as much as possible. They don't "reveal" anything to me but a random firing of memories.

5. If it's true what doctors/scientist say, that we dream every night. I sure as heck don't remember them. When I do have one I remember, it's usually pretty vivid, but very strange.

Short answer, no. I just carry on.

6. only in the fact that i tell people the next day about the whacked out dream i had :)

7. steve21

steve21 Banned

+1

I don't dream often, and when I do it's like 3 nights in a row of maybe vaguely related ones.

Last week I had two nights of dreams about a chick I used to dig, wherein in the first dream she hid my LeCompte inside some random hardshell case, then put some random cheapie into my LeCompte's gig bag (without my knowledge) and then in front of me dropped something heavy on the gig bag, breaking the kneck of the bass inside. I started yelling at her until she told me about the prank, then I called her a bitch and we made out.

Woke up the next day, was kinda worried why I dreamed of a bass, and went on.

8. That's odd, I used to have the exact same dream up until about a month ago. Better put on your tinfoil hat tonight. :ninja: :confused:

My brain works overtime at night. All night long, I dream about my business, designs, mechanisms, patents, the people I do business with, etc., etc. I've had some of my best ideas come to me in dreams. I wish I could remember ALL of them. It's probably because I never have time or peace to think during the day :confused:

9. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I try not to, it's very hard. I still remember the dream I had last night - it upset and confused me so much I have trouble realizing that it was just a dream.

10. I should add that my dreams mostly make sense to me, although they are quite out there. Also, I can pretty much determine my subconcious state of mind, as whenver i'm relatively 'content/happy' about my life at the moment, i have dreams of bad things happening/everything falling apart. When i'm depressed/unhappy in general about life, I generally have pretty kickass dreams...

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Hell no. The world would be in utter chaos and I still wouldn't know what's going on.

12. steve21

steve21 Banned

Maybe Bud sticks a special mind-control device in the control cavity.

13. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    I once had the longest dream in the world. First, I was hanging out in this house, saw one of my old friends, and he ignored me but started cutting backflips for some reason. Then I walk outside and see probably the coolest thing ever while dreaming. This whole landscape, this whole city I mean, had people-like things shooting down from the sky. Like they were parachuting, but faster, and with no parachutes, just really cool tracers. Then, I got really scared in my dream. There was one of those "aliens have landed but we aren't sure what to do" things on the news. Everyone started to have a robotic-like tone and the city was obviously taken over by aliens. I tried to drive my car with my friend who wasn't taken-over yet. All the sudden, I can't drive for **** and totally wreck on these train tracks.

I swear for like 10 minutes (dreams are really short, at least the part you remember), I was scared out of my scull. Almost the whole rest of the dream, I just kind of sat there and thought about how aliens have invaded us and I can no longer be free. The aliens were really scary, too, because I couldn't see them, but they were taking over the city. I felt like the only one not infected yet. I really thought this was reality while in the dream. Then, my friend tried to kill me and I ran away from him into town. A series of wierd events occured, and I made it back to the house where the dream started. No one was there. I'm not that great of a storyteller, but it was f***ing horrifying.

Finally, I realized that everything was a littel too real and woke up. I swear it took me five minutes after I woke up to realize that the planet was not being invaded by aliens. For that five minutes, my dream was influencing my life, but that's pretty much it.
    Worst bad dream ever 'cause it lasted so damn long.

Then there are wet dreams featuring a certain girl I see everyday that gave me much more confidence with her.

14. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    um... no...

the kewlest one that I've had lately was this:

I was in a bar, that was run by Thor, the God of Thunder, and he was actually mexican. Wierd. Anyhoo, He asked what I wanted, and I said I wanted a harvey wallbanger. So Thor's identical twin brother shows up, and they both say simultaneously that it'll be 25 bux. So I take out my wallet, after thinking "thats outrageously spendy...", and I pull out 3 tens and a 60 dollar bill. I thought to myself "wait... do they even make 60 dollar bills? ah, screw it..." so I give it to one of them, and the other thor gives me my harvey wallbanger. Now I've never had a Harvey Wallbanger before, but in the dream it was the most delicious drink I'd ever had. It was like... whiskey and a carmel frap simultaneously with a shot of kahlua. So I finished my drink, and woke up. I woke up salivating.

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    and then... you know how in a dream, you're supposed to wake up right before you die? Well, I guess my psyche is suicidal. I always die. It usually goes something like this: I'm scared because I'm afraid of dying, and then I get shot or run off a cliff or something, and everything goes black, and I think "ahhh.... crap..." and then the blackness fades, and I find myself in some kind of tacky afterlife. The one I remember most vividly was this: I appeared next to my old elementary school, and the sky was purple. hmm... purple sky, whatever, I keep going. I walk across a field, and then there's like, the face of a cliff, and there a whole buncha holes in it. In these holes are a buncha little kids throwing dirt clods at a buncha other little kids on the groiund, who are throwing dirt clods back. okay... dirt clod wars... whatever, I keep walking. I go back to the school, and I see this OUTRAGEOUSLY hot blonde girl. Well, about five minutes later, we got married, and we made out for a while, and I asked her where she wanted to go for our honeymoon. She answered Boston. Boston? what the f? whatever, Boston. then we both got vaporized and I woke up.

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    awesome.

in my experience, dreams are my brain's platypus-like constructions of anything it can bring up.

17. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

No...I think dreams are just bits and pieces of things you have seen, imagined or experienced that are at the bottom of your subconscious mind and occasionally float to the surface in no particular order. Just my 2 cents.

George

18. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I ignore my dreams.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I like to squash my dreams because everyone else does.

20. shoeline

shoeline

Jan 13, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    Not so strange. Now can you make this happen? I have trouble separating dreams from reality. To the point where I spent a year in a mental institution.:meh: