Do You Like Death Metal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OrionManMatt, Jan 31, 2006.

1. It's not a good week without a check of Strong Bad and others over at Homestarrunner!
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I still don't get it. I feel so left out. :(

3. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Death metal makes me giggle.
  4. Death metal makes me giggle too even though I like many bands in the genre!

That Sbemail was great, not only because of the trademark humor, but because of the contextual accuracy. Good stuff.
  5. haha sad but true!
  6. You need to go spend some time acquainting yourself with You will enjoy it. Here is one of my favorite Strong Bad emails:

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  8. Haha! i love that website. That is probably the funniest one i have seen.

Death Metal and me are like Oil and Water. We don't mix. If that makes sense.
  9. death metal, no. classic metal, yyyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssssss.
  10. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    it ain't quite my thing, but i have no major hassle wit' it...crisis, i can listen to.

(my frontman's brother, steve tucker, was in morbid angel, btw. a crazy effer if ever i know'd one.)
  11. NO FU**IN WAY. I love Morbid Angel! I saw them open for Pantera and Slayer in 2001 (that's right, all 3 in the same show).

Anyway, that was hilarious. I haven't watched any Strongbad in a long time.
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I chuckle as well when it is on the 'Music Choice' station. I also enjoy the sound of a fork in a garbage disposal so...

...there you go.
  13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Honestly, i think everything on that site other than SBE is pretty meh. SBE itself is wicked though.

Having watched all of them (yeah, i know) my favorite far and away is this one:

Iwant to learn the bass line strong mad plays.:D
  14. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I can't listen to Death Metal and NOT laugh.
  15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I like Death Metal. it is indeed, ridiculous, but it is in a really delightful way.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think all DM fans agree it's ridiculous.
  17. ^Some of it isn't. Sure, the vocals are ALMOST all the same meaningless growls, but the music can be damn good.
    Listen to Morbid Angel's album "Domination" or "Covenant". Some really awesome music there, and the vocals are a lot less ridiculous then most DM bands.

edit---Also, can anyone find me the Strongbad email when he talks about Techno music? I saw it years ago and it still makes me crack up, just from memory.
  18. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Funny, I feel exactly the same way about thrads by Bad Brains.
  19. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!