Do you like TCBY?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 6, 2006.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I enjoy alot of their flavors but theirs a few like mint chocolate chip that i think taste better as ice cream , anyone else like TCBY ?.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I've never even seen a TCBY. Is it an ice cream place?

4. that used to be my favorite ice cream place in my hometown, until they closed it about 10 years ago
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Well no wonder, there's only one in the entire Milwaukee area, and it's at the airport. Oh well, I'll take your word for it that it's good. :D
  6. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I enjoy it a lot, there used to be a lot around here, it seems liek they closed a lot of them.
  7. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I loooooooove TCBY!
    I used to go a lot when I lived in California, but then I moved out east and haven't been really since. I believe there is one in the town next door to mine, but I don't have a car and haven't gotten around to going there. Good stuff!
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have never been there.

9. It's GREAT stuff. Not as good as REAL ice cream, but suitable.
  10. Hmm, with like 200,000 bucks I could start up a franchise here, seeing as how the closest one is 30 miles away. Maybe up by Cornell, where it would get TONS of business...
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my family used to go there pretty frequently when i was a kid; it was all of five minutes away from my house.

it's since moved out of psl. it's probably struggling. and cold stone will just make it struggle all the more.
  12. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I didn't know they were still in business until my trip to Atlantic City last week. There were a couple on the PA Turnpike and a few in NJ. They were ok, as far as I can remember, but I haven't been in one for over 10 years. if TCBY is still in business, would I be correct to assume that there might be a Little Caesar's around here or there? They pretty much disappeared from the area without a trace around the same time period as The Country's Best Yogurt.

Their mousse is great.
  14. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I worked at...actually 2 TCBY's last year.

The first was paired with a Sam's Hotdog Stand(I think this may be a regional business). The yogurt was excellent. The hard icecream was even better. We had all the bell's and whistles except for frozen cakes. We were trained to make everything, it was pretty cool.

Next I worked at one paired with a subway. I never tried the yogurt there. The first night I worked there I took the, normally simple, task of tearing down and cleaning one of the yogurt machines. TCBY clearly states that the machines ran in their franchises are to be cleaned every 5 days. At the TCBY I first worked at we had 3 machines and we cleaned one every night.

God knows how often.....IF EVER....the people at my second shop cleaned their machines....and they only had two!

............ok...I'm stopping now...else I could go on for a while

TCBY has excellent products....but as with anywhere...dont' eat there if the place doesn't look clean

grr...this makes me want to run by there this evening....I may have to do that (run by the good one that is....)

Another great thing about TCBY is that most of it is pretty low in fat.:hyper:
  16. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I like it Way too much.

Hey - and I heard on Seinfeld - so it must be true - that it actually has No Fat. Not just low fat but No Fat. :)

Alot of what i saw was around 97 and 93 % fat free
  18. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Where is this TCBY you speak of?

I've right over in westford, so I'm not far away form you at all, which means I'm not that far away from the alleged TCBY.

If you are looking for good ice cream, and are in the area check out Sullys in chelmsford.
  19. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Now all they have to do is get those pesky calories out of there, and we'll be on to something.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the no fat, no calorie ice cream. :)
    I Love ice cream, and my weight clearly demonstrates that I shouldn't be eating it. :)