Do you like the ultralight tuners on the new Fenders?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by artdrtr, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Hamerguy

Hamerguy

Mar 29, 2008
    Well, I like the Schaller stuff better. For Fender basses I also prefer the BMFL type over the M4S type. I don't like the Schaller M4/Gotoh GB-7 type though.

2. P-BASSLOVER

P-BASSLOVER

Oct 10, 2008
    USA
    I like the heavy ones with the hoods on them that say Fender.

3. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Q: Do you like the ultralight tuners on the new Fenders?

A: Yes. They stay in tune really well (the be-all and end-all for tuners IMO) and have the right keys for aesthetics.

4. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    They've also been using something similar from Hipshot in the Deluxes for a few years. Popular features in the Deluxe models eventually work their way into the Standards.

5. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    LOL, nice one. :D

6. Maybe I'm crazy, but when I'm seated I always have my right arm resting against the bass. If I do feel like letting go with my left hand the bass isn't going anywhere.

I had a Thunderbird with what I consider to be classical neck dive and the neck dive was nonexistent sitting down because my right arm was resting on it.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've always been taught that a bass should be the same height (playing wise) sitting or standing.

Thats my justification for wearing my strap so high.

I just did your check though and almost all of my instruments do this, minus 3.

An old Martin Acoustic, my 82 P (its under 8 pounds all told), and my 73 P. Unfortunately the 73 is probably just bottom heavy, its weighs a ton!

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I finally found a problem with the new tuners functionality wise. The barrels on top are tapered, making it a pain when putting on flatwound strings IME.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021