1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you listen to music when you go to bed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HomeBrewTJ, Sep 22, 2008.

1. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Do you listen to music when you go to bed?

I used to, but can't anymore. I can fall asleep to music, but as soon as it ends I totally wake up.

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I often just listen to the music, so I can't fall asleep.

3. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Yes i do!
    My psp has a sleep function so after my playlist finishes, it goes in to power save mode and wakes me up when its time.

I tell you, there's nothing like Onset Of Putrefaction while you sleep!

4. Yes. I usually listen to music for 30 minutes and then go to bed.

5. I have to have some thing going to cover the noise of my tinnitus.

6. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    BIG +1 silence wakes me up faster than anything :(

7. I listen to SUNN O))) while I fall asleep. At maximum volume. Nothing like drone-doom to blanket out all weirdness and strange sounds.

8. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Yes, I usually will. For the most part, I'll listen to the music for a while, then fall asleep, then wake up 6 or 7 songs after the last one I can remember before drifting off, at which point I turn off the ol' iPod and go back to sleep.

9. Agreed. I sleep with a little fan on, and have for years, regardless of the time of year (I'll run it in the dead of winter, no exceptions). I always sleep much poorer in a place that doesn't have some audible amount of white noise, preferably a fan.

To answer the OP, I used to listen to music a lot during the night, but I find sometimes I forget to charge my iPod beforehand, and it doesn't make it through the night and I don't have enough time to charge it up before I go to school, so I don't as much. I also dislike getting tangled up in my headphones.

10. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Nope. I find myself analyzing the music and my mind never really gets to sleep mode.

11. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    I used to always listen to my walkman when I'd go to sleep, and the sound of it stopping or flipping over would always wake me up every 30 minutes or so.

12. No but a friend does, and whenever I crash there I can't sleep because I analyze the music too much. Not to mention its usually death metal or something of the sort, and it isn't played quietly either.

I've been sleeping with a fan since I was a kid, and I literally can NOT sleep without one. Something about the constant roar of a fan is relaxing to me and puts me to sleep pretty quick.

13. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Sometimes, but i usually end up going downstairs and playing bass.

14. Lately I have been. I'll listen to anywhere from 3-10 songs on my MP3 player as I lay in bed most nights.

15. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    The music energizes me, so listening to it before I go to bed would be bad.

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Yeah, nothing like listening to Acid King through some real nice headphones to get you in the mood for sleep.

17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    can't sleep without it.

18. I can not really get to sleep when listening to music... When music is playing I tend to... listen to it..? Usually makes me get up and play a bit of bass =P There are a few random songs that are very post rock, long drawn kind of ambient stuff, but other than that, I have to have a fan or something going.

19. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    I fall asleep to Explosions in the Sky.