1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you listen to songs over and over and over again?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by elgecko, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Yes

92 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. No...I'm not insane!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. I only listen to carrots over and over and over again

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I'm not talking about when you're learning a song and trying to figure it out or burn it into your brain. I'm talking about listening to one song, over and over, back to back, for the sheer pleasure of hearing it again and again.

2. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    I used to do it all the time but forced myself to stop because iv heard a few so many times I can't even listen to them....

3. Never a song. But I can name a few albums that after I bought them, I listerned to them over & over again.

4. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Not anymore.

5. Sometimes if the line is unusually busy and I need to lock it down. But only till my wife yells she can't take it anymore boom, boom, boom.

6. morgansterne

morgansterne Geek U.S.A.

Oct 25, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    +1 on whole albums. I bought Sebadoh's album bakesale after Bob Mould recommended them in an interview. I didn't quite get it right away, but something about it made me think it was worth the time. I listened to that album at least twenty times the week I bought it.

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  8. +1. Yep.

9. Filkarri

Filkarri

May 31, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mostly happens with albums for me. When something really strikes me I just want to get to know it and all of its subtleties intimately.

10. TexasGopher

TexasGopher

Jul 25, 2012
    Yes---right now I cannot stop listening to the bass line of Robert Plant's "Takes Every Kind of People." I am 99% percent sure it is the late, great Bob Babbitt. Great song.

11. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Sometimes, definitely more often with albums. I once listened to the same album at least 4 times per day, every day for like 2 weeks straight.

12. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Midnight in Harlem

The organ at the beginning slays me...and the guitar solo is the best.

Susan's vocal gives me chills.

13. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Absolutely. I get hooked on songs all the time.

14. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Plenty.

Today, I listened to 'Heaven Beside You' four times in a row, followed by 'No Excuses' twice.

Staley and Cantrell at their best.

Chills every single time.

15. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Earth
    I've got a teenage daughter spinning Kate Perry all the time ... I guess I could work as a back fill for her without any rehearsals :-D

16. I usually do with full albums. Right now I can't stop listening to "Royals" by Lorde. She has some serious talent.

lowsound

17. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Robert Palmer?

18. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    +1
    Something about the delivery. She's got that "thing" ya just can't learn. "Royals" by Lorde. and Love Club by Lorde. The whole album is pretty cool. Minimal musically but the songs do deliver the emotion. Very hard to pull off.

I've probably listened to this one recording of Mann's Fate 200 times. Everything I ever want to do on bass is contained in that one song.

19. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Absolutely not!!! Even a new disk doesn't get played two days in a row. I had a brother who, whenever he got a new album, he flipped it over and over. Hated it then; still do 40years later.

20. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Yes, I do. Since I like people like Buddy Holly, and Eddis Cochran, and lots of other people who are dead now, don't have much choice. Am listening to them now, in fact.