Do you loan out your Bass(es)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Frijoles Negros, Jun 5, 2004.

1. frequently! - not just any bum, but anyone I personally know

0 vote(s)
  2. Sometimes- I have to trust them.

6 vote(s)
  3. On occasion- I have to really trust them.

5 vote(s)
  4. Rare to Never - i have to trust them ... to help me bury this body.

28 vote(s)
  1. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    I adhere to a strict policy of "Get this from my cold, dead hands will you ever get this bass."

Ive actually lent out a bass twice. Very rare occasions.
  2. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I'll just say, I've lent gear out twice in the past. One resulted in broken a broken sting, the other an amp re-tube. :mad: :spit: :mad: :spit: :mad:
  3. Randi

Jun 4, 2004
    Camron Park CA
    Its not a good idea to loan out you equipment. Even if you trust the person a lot, accidents can happen. :crying:

4. hellllll no...never my bass, and i was the same with my ibanez, let alone the kubicki..but i lent my old combo amp out to someone and i said dont mess with the eq and it came back in a smiley face
  5. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I would have voted but "HELL NO" was not an option.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    :scowl: No way.
  7. I let my old friend/guitar player borrow an old 20 watt practice combo i had and i never heard from the punk ever wasn't a big loss and it wasn't missed, but its the the nature of the thing...
  8. Evan

Jan 2, 2004
    only if its one of my friends that i know well
  9. One friend of mine, whenever he is orchestrating big gigs, I'll let him use my whole rig. Bass included.
  10. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    The ONLY advantage to playing lefty is to never worry about someone asking to borrow your bass :rollno:
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    did it once, nothing happened :)
  12. I've let my friend borrow my bass and amp when he was filling in for a couple shows for a band, but of course I wouldn't let it out of my sight ;)
  13. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That should have been an option...I let a guy I was gigging with borrow my g***** and it came back with more scratches or dings...that put me off lending out any of my gear, doesn't matter who it's to! Especially my bass guitars...
  14. i dont lend out my cds/dvd's let alone my gear...i get all nervous when my guitarist mate touches the kubicki
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    HAH! I don't even like to sell my basses.
  16. I have a couple that I have for just such an occasion. Setup well, but both not over the $200 mark and I've already predinged em. Sound good, easy to play.

Feels good helping another develop musical interest. I'll give some guidelines for playing, check em out in a little while. If things are going good, then teach songs...etc. then suggest gear.

Feels good.
  17. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I don't lend them out... I do let the other jazz band bassist use it because I know that he'll take care of it. I'm always there if it's my Geddy Lee, but if it's the ESP I don't feel that I have to be there. They never ever leave the school with anyone else but me.
  18. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've got a few basses just for that purpose.(If I don't like you, I'll loan you my Copley)
  19. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Like the avatar much better than the other one. Much more frightening.