Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

do you miss someone??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    heh..
    i miss my girlfriend ,she is out of town and its hard to talk to her.. cause her cell phone is roaming.. =/
    so i have no way to talk to her. 3 times in a month so far. Its hard. Very hard. Because Im so used to having her talking to me or else in my arms..
    Ive had a nervous breakdown almost today.. trying to record.. cause shes not there saying "awe baby you can do it.. i know you can.. i love you"..
    and ive been crying ever since.. it seems i just cant get Radio Radio down.. THE FOXY GRANDPAS are covoring it.. and well..I can play the song.. its just when i goto record it.. I freeze up.
    I need some midol!
    Well does anyone miss anyone?? here on talkbass.

Ps.. I miss bigfeet i hope he gets well soon. :(

2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Yeah, I miss my g/f. We broke up Monday night.

Even though she lied to me and doesn't care a whole lot about my feelings, I still miss her a whole awful lot. We've been friends for four years, and we had been together for the past 6 months (she lied to me on our 6 month anniversary). Now she still is trying to be friends with me, but it's hard for me to do. I'm torn between being her friend like I said I always would, or actually thinking about myself for a change and telling her to buzz off.

3. aw babe thats really sad, think of it this way though, mine lives 7.5 hours away and i havent seen him in...oh a year and a half. so i've alresdy lost my mind and back again.
    anyways, do good man,
    peace&plaid
    -shoonk

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nick,

I know how that feels man.. I spent all of last year in China, on the other side of the planet from my girlfriend. She couldn't come see me because of med school and I couldn't go see her because of work. That was tough but we stuck it out and will be engaged as soon as I can find a full-time job and buy a ring.

On the other hand man I gotta say that if you are getting you're self worth from your relationship with her there might be some codependency issues that you need to work through. Just a thought because it sounds like it's kind of a problem. You seriously might want to consider talking to a counselor or something.

brad cook

5. I miss my dad and some old friends who live in Argentina. I havent seen my friends in 3 years now, and I see my dad twice a year. he's working there and don't know when hes comming back.

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    brad.. I dont think its a codependency issue ..but, ya know it just doesn't feel thet same without her encouragement to help me. Believe it or not, it does make me play better when someone believes in me. My parents sure dont. So shes my baby. So.. hopefully we will get to talk in a bit..

7. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I had been friends with a girl for a few years when we finally revealed that we had huge crushes (as 5th grade as it sounds :rolleyes: ) on each other for a very long time but we were too shy to act on them. A week later she moved to Alaska (where she's originally from) to teach. For some reason I've never been able to get the nerve to get in contact with her since she left. It's been almost 10 months and I haven't seen or heard from her. I've thought about her every day (no lie) since she left, but I've never been able to act on my thoughts of even e-mailing her. That week before she left was one of the best weeks of my life, yet it seems so awkward to try and talk to her now since it's been so long. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Sorry if this seems like a rant or something. I had a visit from the "captain" tonight (if you know what I'm saying :p ) and I tend to get really wordy when he comes over.

Additionally, I'm so emo that it hurts.

[I just read over what I wrote and realized that I'm a huge wuss. F*#k it, I'm going to send her a message in the morning when I'm in a better mindstate.]

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I miss a long-time friend of mine that has recently stopped talking to me. She was one of my closest friends through much of highschool and was there to talk to when I was feelin down, turned 16, got my license, turned 18, won the cup in my hockey league, etc. Haven't talked to her in two month cause she's nto around when I call and doesn't return my e-mails anymore. She wasn't a g/f or nothin, but I didn't realize how much she meant to me until things fizzled out..i ahve no idea why she just cut me off like this too, I guess she just got really "busy" and found more important stuff to spend her time on when she hit college. I am down to 2 or 3 loyal friends now I think..they are dropping like flies. Anyway..sorry, my sob story, just wanted to get that out.:confused:

9. I miss JWC. He was a good man, and all you people did was delete derogatory posts and ban him.

How dare you.

10. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Go on tour, find out that your girl is pregnant, and then subsequently find out that it isn't yours right before the gig of your life.
    Still miss her, though.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok..it just seems like it's not very healthy on an emotional level if you're having nervous breakdowns because your girl's not there. Maybe you were just exaggerating or something in the original post.

brad cook

12. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeah... i was exagerating it alittle probably
    Its not that she wasn't there. Shes usually not there when im recording anyway.. but she gives me words of encouragement and it usualy (not all the time) works..
    but today i didn't get any encouragement.. and I just kinda half assed the hammond part in Radio Radio(im not good at keys, my dads the one with the hammond). It just feels different and maybe im hard on myself cause it took me 20 takes to get radio radio. Most of my stuff i get perfect and polished with a good mix by at least the 9th take.
    I record guitar first though, then everything else. it seems with guitar first, everything fits right into place.. guitar, then bass, then drums.. that way i can make a simple guitar part, add a good bass line .. followed by good drums. But not today. Although i did have a great mix! :p
    Well at least i covored it and got through it in about 2 hours so.... yeah.
    I also talked to ashley, shes a tired panda.. gosh i miss her though.

13. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    My sister, she was killed 6 years ago in a boating accident, and today would be her birthday

It sucks

14. Wait, wait, wait, your girl?

Oh my god what has the road done to you?

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

ToBeE, I thought that you were decidedly not attracted to females.:confused:

16. Has anyone else noticed besides me that today, coincidentally being Friday the 13th, everyone seems "off" or distraught about things in our life etc. Must be the moon or something...I strongly believe our moods sit on a lunar cycle like the waves.

Anyway, I miss my abuelito, the professional gambler. He died 12 years ago on the 9th. My Spanish has gotten worse since I don't have him to talk to anymore and play cards.

I miss having a woman in my life too, but I'm trying to cope by learning to be more emotionally independent and developing callouses.
    Words of wisdom, women are evil, and you have to live with having to deal with a few devils until you find the one. The one you can manage to be around the rest of your life and not go ape sh*t or concede your huevos to.

17. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I miss my son! I only get to see him pretty much once per week!!! I split with my wife 5 months back, and let's just say we ain't getting on too well at the mo! The getting on part seems to go through peaks and troughs, just now is a rela big trough!!!

If I'm lucky I get to speak to him once per week or so on the phone as well!!!

I really miss him!:(

18. I miss Ástrós, a friend of mine who's an exchange student in Italy. 9 months to go.

19. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i miss my brother. he died when i was 14. I miss my mate sage, she died a week ago. I miss my mate jess, she died a month ago, and i miss my mate jay, she died three months ago.

:(