Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you name your bass(es)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ba Gua Tiger, Jan 9, 2003.

1. My first bass I named Alpha. (Greek for first)
    and my five string is named Kahlan (from a series of books [the sword of truth series]. She is a beutiful and powerful woman.)

2. Tamara 2 - First Acoustic Guitar
    Tamara 3 - First Electric Guitar (sold)
    Tamara 4 - First Bass (4 string)
    Tamara 5 - 2nd bass (5 string)
    Tamara 1 - Girlfriend. (She hates it when I call her "Tamara 1") :D

3. My P-bass copy is called Speedy. :)

There's already a thread "What are your bass' names" in the Bass forum, tho...

:cool:

4. shut up, all of you. do you want the DB guys making fun of us even more?

5. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Uhhhh...

My bass is named bass

6. didn't notice the one in the bass forum because I thought moderators would say it doesn't have to do with the actual bass

7. I have now a 95 warwick fortress masterman 5 i have had for 7 years now. she is called "sweet" and in the past my first bass was a '64 Tokai P bass copy red with white pickguard she was called "rosie" I had a charcoal gray Yamaha TRB6 called "Big Willie" short for Wilamehna. And a natural yahama BBN5 called "Jenna" cause she sucked but did it well.

8. Ibanez Ergodyne 5 strings, a.k.a. "Ergy"
    Aria Pro II FB Fretless Jazz (converted), a.k.a. "Aria"
    Ibanez RG 270 (g**tar), a.k.a. "Toothpick"

Im not very original, but, come on!! are just furniture!!

EBP

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have a Black Yamaha 4-String - Ol' Red is it's name.

10. One is called the Fender, the other is called the Stingray. Mostly it is used when my drummer says, "Hey, bring the Fender to practice." I don't know why they would need other names. Not like they are alive. But then again, how cool would that be if they were alive. And at night they had little bass parties with the married couple on the wedding cake in Homer's freezer.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    "Bass of Doom"...well not really....but it could be.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

OooooooOOoOOOoh I think someone just found a name for their bass.

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah...well...read my New signature and discover my latest Idea.

14. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    My Carvin LB75P = Archie Funker.

15. My first fender squire bass was named Alouwishus

and my Vadim bass is called El Duende (the gremlin in spanish)

16. all my basses came with names...Modulus,Rickenbacker,Fender...they flat out refuse to be called by any other name....they told me so...I must now return to my basket weaving project,the orderlys are getting angry :eek: :confused: :D :(

17. One night, the name Charlotte came to me, so that's her name, but I don't really use it.

18. my eda905 is named alexa.

19. when my my friends ask if they can play my bass, i say "well sure, you can play 'the coolest bass in the world that is a actually a major peice'" so i guess thats its name, either that or, for short, 'my BASS!' (say bass in a really deep voice, really fast, kinda like when ya slap then mute real quick)

20. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    My Fender Mexi Jazz bass is the Jazz or the 4, my DeArmond Pilot Plus 5 is either the Pilot or the 5, & i've already started calling the EB MM SR 5 that is on order either the Ray or the Ray5, my ashbory is called the ash or the ashbory, the upright is whatever nickname i decide for that time e.g. doghouse, upright, big bass, the thing that does not like to fit in a variety of vehicles, etc. Thats all