1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do You Own - Kansas - Leftoverture?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Yes

51.9%
  2. No

48.1%
  3. Karrots grown in Kansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Do You Own - Kansas - Leftoverture?

I was always a big Kansas and Dave Hope (bassist) fan. The first 3 Kansas albums (Kansas, Song For America, and Masque) were all really good but they were not quite big yet and were seen as a progressive band. When Leftoverture came out, the band reached mass appeal but maintained their progressive status. I saw Kansas several times over the years with different lineups; but, the original band was my favorite and they were extremely tight in concert.

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Leftoverture is Kansas' Masterwork - Classic album. Strong throughout. Holds up well to this day.

Had it on vinyl when it first came out. Have it on CD currently.

Saw them on the Masque tour first. Seen them a few times over the decades. Steve Walsh's voice has been kinda shot for years though...

3. Had it on vinyl only. Since lost to the mists of time.

4. Hues

Hues

Nov 27, 2012
    see Burn Notice
    Thought I still had the vinyl...Can't seem to find it.

Carry On may be my all-time favorite bass part to play.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Nope.

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Don't own it but I remember my first time listening to the album. I knew my prog heroes cited Kansas but I had no idea they were so prog until that I heard that record.

Great album.

7. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Absolutely! Dave Hope a huge influence as I was initially a pick-only player and my first bass was a Fender P Bass.

8. Love Leftoverture - a total work of art! Carry on Wayward Son held a great deal of meaning to me on a very personal level back then, and still does to this day.

9. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Bought it on vinyl when it first came out. I still have it. I also own it on cassette and cd.

10. Yes, in several formats. I was a Kansas fan after seeing them on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and saw them several times back then.

11. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    No. I can name exactly two of their songs and that's it. I don't do "heartland rock."

12. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep I sure do