Do you play airbass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Come on admit it, who here plays the airbass
    I do, I may look like a fool but meh,
  2. Geoff81385

Sep 5, 2001
    yea I'm agreeing with you i definatley play the air bass alot, maybe too much, exspecially when im listening to incubus. Sometimes i find myself driving and slaping the steering wheel while listening to certain shades of green. The truth is if tou love to play bass and you say you don't play air bass you're lying.
  3. yep, i play air bass, but only if there isn't a bass or bass like object lying around, i'm also quite experienced at playing air drums, guitar, saxaphone, piano and trumpet.

but i'm pretty crap at playing the air triangle, i need a bit of practice at that one;)

4. i also am a master airbass player;)
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

One time at a music store, I picked up an Ibanez GSR100 and had the salesperson hook it up to a Crate 15" ---- that was the same as "air bass" only the tone was worse :D
  6. bass player...frustrated singer, guitarist and drummer... does singing along count as "Air singing"?? I am a furios air drummer.... Air bass...not usually...
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    How the hell do you manage that :eek:

At school when we play papa roach or whatever during wood work, i tend to tap on things, or hit the bulge of my thumb joint on things. My freinds try to copy me, but they can never get the same motion :)

If im sitting there with nothing at all to do, ill pretend to move my fretting and fingering hands do the beat of what ever song is playing.

(Why dont any of my freinds like primus :rolleyes: )
  8. Heh... Everybody thinks I'm a drummer because I'm constantly thumping on stuff with my hands, regardless of whether any music is playing or not. For good reason, I guess; I generally incorporate elements of slap, fingerstyle and bongo-playing so it looks and sounds like I'm a percussionist. If only I could get the same speed in my bass playing as I do in my thumping-on-any-random-surface...

Real air-bass/air-guitar is a rarity, but I can't help myself sometimes.

BTW, I think "air-singing" would either be "singing" or "lip-syncing" :)
  9. "Air singing" In the dictionary find a picture of Milli Vanilli...
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    can't afford one of those nice air basses on ebay :(
  11. I tend to drum on things alot, and I also find that I tap my fingers on anything near by.
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Zac ‘Mr Magnet’ Monro, wins back-to-back Air Guitar World Champions titles

On Friday August 23rd 2002 Zac "Mr Magnet" Monro, 2001 AGWC Champ and meek mild mannered architect from London, won the 7th Annual Air Guitar World Championship held in Oulu, Finland. The Ideology of AGWC is to promote world peace. According to the ideology, all evil things disappear from the world whenever people play the Air Guitar.

Clickety Here.
  13. Air bass is easy, try some air fiddle.
  14. i play air bass alot, but i also play Fat drums! make a fist, and hit the middle of your breast bone for the bass drum, hit your stomech for a snare, thigh for a high hat, and any other place on your body for toms, floors and cymbals
  15. That's funny, sounds like when it comes to "airing", bassists turn to drummers, myself included.

I play airbass sometimes. But only fingerstyle. No slap or pick bass:)
  16. I play airguitar.. sorry guys... :(

I also do drums.. sometimes bass tho!

17. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    I try but I always seem to go off key:rolleyes:
  18. Question.... Should this be moved to basses? :p
  19. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    i play a wishnevsky airbass all the time..... only the best! and it prolly sounds better that way anyways! ;)

sometimes i go for the guitar..

i like to pretend i can play the piano..... im left handed though so i gotta play an air piano too!

(ima great air drummer!)
  20. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i airbass all the time! i've even found myself humming bass lines in my head and i start to air then out without thinking about what i'm can imagine the weird looks i get walking down the halls of school.