1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you prefer to eat your meals with conversation or in silence ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 25, 2007.

Do you prefer to eat your meals with conversation or in silence ?

This poll will close on Dec 27, 2032 at 9:28 AM.
  1. With Conversation

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. In Silence

20 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Carrots eat underground

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Do you prefer to eat your meals with conversation or in silence ? It actually depends who I am with but I certainly dont mind eating in silence.

2. i cant stand eating in silence

3. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    where's the option for watching tv?

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I prefer eating in silence, but I don't mind talking I just prefer silence. I'm also the type of person that hates sitting around at the table be it at a restaurant or at home. I just like to get up and go afterwards.

5. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I like conversation, unless I'm eating alone. :ninja:

6. Silence... unless I am eating with a guest.

7. Silence 95% of the time.

One thing that always has bothered me at college was that I always just wanted to be in and out of the dining hall quickly, but usually I will end up talking to people and taking a while.

Meh, it's not that big of a deal.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I don't like talking to people while we're eating. Although, I do like some sort of noise, such as a TV or something, so I don't have to listen to the horrible noises some people make when they eat.:p

9. Conversation.

Unless its one of those meals where I am just really hungry, then I let everyone else talk while I clean my plate.

10. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Background noise is a must... I don't usually mind silence, but even my own eating noises bug me. If the person can talk without a mouthful (seriously, why do so many people do this?) of food conversation is fine.

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    if it's with my brother silence, with friends or whatever, there has got to be conversation!

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

That's why I prefer not to carry conversations when eating--I hate hearing people try to talk with a mouthful of food.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It's all part of the fun! :D

14. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Prefer conversation.

But my last few girlfriends had the exact same strange eating habit as each other.

They hated me watching while them ate. :D

15. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Yes....Conversation is good.

But silence can be good too. Like if you are alone in a cafe or something like that.

It is nice to have a great meal with friends and just talk about every little thing. It's best wwhen they help with the meal and it's one big dinner party talk fest...

with bass too!!

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

I had an ex that absolutely refused to eat in front of me for like, 3 months or something. I guess she must have had some kind of hang up about it.

17. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Silence

I don't like sitting around people when I eat, and same goes for them. Just never liked it for some reason

18. louieeadg

louieeadg uncle petey?

Jun 13, 2007
    outer banks, nc
    Mark Twain once said, "To listen to music while you eat is an insult to both the chef and the violinist."

silence.

19. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I'm eating. Don't bug me.

20. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Conversation before and after the meal (or between dishes), but silence while I'm eating.