1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do you prefer to go on vacation/holiday alone or with someone ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 11, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Do you prefer to go on vacation/holiday alone or with someone ? The best vacation I had I went alone , I guess if I had someone I would want to share that time with I would consider it.

2. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Both are good, depending on your mood/your state of being at that particular period.

3. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    ...and where you're going...

4. funkydjembe

funkydjembe

Apr 5, 2007
    Norway
    When alone, I meet with many different people and make new friends and end up in fantastic places,:) but when I'm with my woman than it's more like a love thing:) Both are nice

5. With my wife and daughter, of course.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    A bunch of friends, or for those people who date the optimal holiday might be between a two couples or something: you can hang out together, have some company to do "men's" or "women's" stuff for each and enough free time to get away for romantic stuff.

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I do my yearly vacation to ProgPower USA each fall, and it's always with my friends/bandmates.

I've been on two wonderful vacations to Virginia, but only with two or three friends, and those were just as awesome. It's good to get time away from all the usual people you know, and hang out with out-of-state friends.

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I prefer to go alone, but I have to take the family.:mad:

J/K...the more, the merrier.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Surfing. With my buddies. Other places with my family. But I would actually dig a vacation by myself right about now.

10. JustdaBassPlaya

JustdaBassPlaya Inactive

Mar 22, 2007
    do you prefer to go on talkbass and answer questions people make threads for?

no!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

real answer to the OPs question, I'm not that old but I guess if you go through a bad time or a halt in your ambitions later in life, then you should have a zen experience on a vacation gone solo. Otherwise bring your buddies/girls

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I could go for a vacation right now !

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My ideal vacation...

A full weekend alone in the comfort of my own house - no wife, no kids, no incoming phone calls, no "honey-do" list. I'll do things how, when, and if I want to.

I love my family to death, but sometimes they drive me effin' nutty!

13. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    When I turned 40 my gift to myself was to go down to San Diego and partake of one of those week long surf camps (I've always wanted to surf... but growing up in Montana just didn't seem to help achieve that goal.) A family emergency came up and ruined that planned vacation...

I still need to get that scheduled somehow... as I am am now 47. Wonder if an old retired fart can learn to surf?!?

I did manage to get a surf lesson in on a Hawaii vacation a couple years back... I was sore as hell for two weeks after... had coral cuts and bruises all over my body... and was the happiest I had ever been!! :D

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021