1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do You Recommend This Book?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by blankstare77, Jun 6, 2007.

1. blankstare77

blankstare77

May 19, 2006
    Bass Fitness.

Reviews? Thoughts?

2. El Bajo

El Bajo

Apr 12, 2006
    UK
    Yeah me to! I'm sick of practicing scales and want something to exercise my right hand cross string picking?

3. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have the book but never use it. I've spent too much time on exercises like this and feel they are of little value. Finally realize what many great players say playing music is what we want to do and can give us all the technique excercise we need. We want to develop musical technique so if trouble playing something in a song make an exercise out of that part of the song. Want to work on a specific technique find some music that uses that technique and work on it. If found the when I got something out of a book like this is when I tried to take each example and make music with it. To use the essense of the excercise for a solo or try to compose some music using it. What good is making my fingers do moves that won't be used in playing. When you see athletes practice the are doing moves like they use in their sport.

Bottom line we want to be musicians then play music and let the music show us what to work on and use the music to teach us.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021