Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you sleep with your watch on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 6, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I do and I rarely take it off , how about you?

2. I take mine off at night.

3. I only take off my watch, rings, and choker when I take a shower.

Rock on
    Eric

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I only use my cell phone as a clock. my wrists are to accentuate my emo style on those kind of days.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I leave it on at night. Then I wake up with stupid "metal stains" on my wrist.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    no.

weirdo. :p

7. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I actually only wear my watch/bracelet/necklace when I go out. So nope I don't ever sleep with it on unless I pass out.

8. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I don't wear a watch (again, cell phone does that trick just fine) but I do take my ring off every night. If you wear stuff like that too much it tends to develop a nasty stink.

-Nate

9. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    I don't wear a watch, wherever I am there's always a clock, I used to wear one but took it off a night as it itches :)

10. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    i take it off, but i sleep nude!!

11. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    +1 I take it off shortly after I get home from work.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I take my watch off at night because it is my alarm. I might not hear it if my arm is under a pillow.

13. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Is it just me, or are watches more of a fashion statement these days? Almost everyone has a cell phone with a clock on it, so a watch just seems redundant.

I don't wear a watch because I want my arms to weigh the same. :D

14. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    Which takes longer?

A glance at the wrist, or

a) remove cell phone from belt clip,
    b) open flip phone,
    c) glance at time,
    d) close flip phone,
    e) replace cell phone on belt clip

Now, sitting in an office with a desk phone and a cell phone, that's redundant.

15. marthasvinyard

marthasvinyard

Feb 28, 2006

No. I sleep with my wife on. :eek:

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  17. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    True, checking your cell is less convenient. I figure it takes about 1-2 seconds to check a watch and about 6-7 to check a cell phone. So, say the difference is 6 seconds per check and you check the time 64 times a day. That's almost 6 1/2 minutes saved per day by using a watch. Pretty good, except I waste way more than 6 1/2 minutes a day posting stuff like this on TB. :D

Having an office and cell phone isn't redundant. You only give your cell to people that need it... that way people calling about meanial crap can't bother you when you're out. Having a home phone and a cell phone... now that's redundant.

18. I use my cell phone as a watch, plus it has a nice alarm. If you have Verizon, (it works on CDMA technology) the time is accurate to a very small split second. CDMA requires that the time is accurate to atomic clock standards in order to function. This way, I never have to worry about setting it (guess I'm just one of those "precision" freaks).

Cingular (and others) works on GSM and the time accuracy is not as stringent.

19. Split49

Split49

Mar 2, 2006
    i leave it on all the time :):)

20. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I dont wear a watch at all. I despise the thought of being tied, to time.