1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you sleep with your watch on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    Unless you have dial-up internet service. I don't, but if you did....

2. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    That's a very "non-bassist" thing to say.:eek:

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

That's why I like to wear a watch.

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    WOW!

I guess when you think of it from a musical perspective, you're right. My statement was more related to the day-to-day, get thru life perspective tho.

5. pocket_groover

pocket_groover Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    A lot of phones (including mine) let you skip steps b) and d) since they display the time on a second screen on the outside. Granted, it's still slower. For me, it's one less thing to keep track off(not having a watch). ;)

6. Nope.

I usually take it off after work.

7. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    I know. I was just givin' ya the business. See if you were paying attention.:D

8. I can't stand wearing those watch thingies. I need my wrists free to do their thing! Since it takes me about four seconds to fish my phone out of my pocket, check the time, and put it back, I don't mind using it at all.

9. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I'd have no problem about it, but I noticed long ago that my watch's strap breaks faster.

(BTW, my watch is 15 years old)

10. i havent worn a watch in about 4 years or so... but when i did, it was on aaaallllll the time.. i hated waking up and trying to focus on the vcr or cable box, my wrist was much easier to glance at. and the back light gave me better contrast with my blurry morning vision :)

but since i got my cell phone i stoped wearing a watch, but my new phone doesnt show me the time unless its in idle wich sucks cuz its not a flip so if i accidently push a button while fishing for it then i have to wait two minutes or so. so i have to buy a new watch now... stupid cell phones

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I leave my watch on but take off my spec's and my wedding ring...

I do have a 10lbs sack of Reese's Pieces next to my bed... :D :D :D

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Dude.. belt clips.. are about as stylish as the phones they came with.. in 1995. :eyebrow:

Get a watch. Get one NOW!

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I don't think I've had my watch on in 3 years.... If I remember right, it needed a battery. I should get to getting on that.

14. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    My watch is always on, except the shower. Well, it's water-resistant, but I think I should at least use this reason to remove it at last! :D

15. For me, it's a bit of both. I have an awesome watch that I picked out myself because it's awesome, and I have awesome taste, but also it helps me with my analogue-time-reading skills, which are pretty crap. But with practice, I'll get there.

When the second hand trumps me time after time (haha, lame), I peek at my mobile.

16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I don't have one, I hate being constantly reminded of my wasted time.

17. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    Dude...I guess they are....if you're a slave to fashion. I'm a slave to functionality.

And I do wear a watch. I've worn one since I was about 13....dude.

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I assume you have one of those handy waistpacks, too :crying:

19. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    im scared i will wind up like dave mustain and screw up my arm....

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Wouldent you be embarrassed if you died in your sleep and you were found that way ?, I know I would be. :bag: