Do you spend more time here than playing your bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Jul 29, 2005.

1. spend more time playing your bass

13 vote(s)
  2. spend more time lurking around TB

26 vote(s)
  3. about the same amount

19 vote(s)
  1. Do you spend more time here than playing your bass?
  2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Guilty as charged. I never practice. Two gigs last weekend. Two gigs this weekend. I'm surfing TB quite a bit during the day.
  3. Yup, me too. :meh:

In my defense, I can say that I have learned lots of valuable insight into my musicianship. I have gained heaps of interesting ideas and thoughts about my craft etc.

And I have made friends and had lots of laughs too.

When I say "guilty" its only with tongue in cheek. Of course I should practise more, but it would be harder to disguise a bass at my office desk than it is to troll around here when work is boring ;)
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have not even turned on my amp to play bass in almost three months. I am thinking about turning my gear into a home theater system. I have not played my bass since early May.

5. Lately I seem to have spent more time looking at new basses to buy than appreciating and practising on what I have. :meh:
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Guilty, alas...

TB is evil!
  7. +1
  8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    That's why I've stopped visiting the Basses forum, seriously, it only makes me sad about my cheap Warwick and second handed combo.
  9. i too am guilty... although i have been playing my bass much more recently.

10. I see no reason to be sad about that?? You could be stuck with a Cort..... :D
  11. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My day gig is a series of spurts of activity, leaving me a fair amount of "downtime" during each day. So when I get to work, TB is logged on and stays on all day ... I pop in and out many times during the day ........

At home, TB is rarely up & running. What free time I do have is spent with family stuff, around the house chores, and the like. I practice at least 30-45 minutes each day (unless its a gig day).

So yes, I guess in terms of hours I'm here way more :(
  12. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i'm mainly on TB while here at work ...
    i keep an open Window , strictly for TalkBass ...:D

at home , i pratice at least 8 hours per week { 1 to 1.5 hrs. per day },
    and on the weekend , gigs and band practice ...

i have a VERY understanding wife ...
  13. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm quite quilty

14. You bastehd. I just shot soda out my nose.
  15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I didn't visit this forum for a couple of months and had absolutely no GAS at all. Within an hour of logging back on I was figuring out what I could sell to get a new bass.

I usually check in here while I'm at work where I can't practice. I get about 30 minutes or so a day to practice at home and I wish I had more time, but alas it is not to be for the moment.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Guilty, but only because of work, normally I'm on TB and playing bass (and then just playing bass). But then work came along, now on breaks I TB.
  17. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    About the same time here.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like me, except my wife is going thru some major mood swings....she doesn't understand much at all these days :rollno:
  19. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yes I do. But only because I can't play bass at work, unfortunately.