1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do you stick with one brand?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by traben182, May 31, 2011.

1. traben182

traben182

Sep 5, 2010
    every bass that i have bought has been ibanez. i dont go into the shop wanting a ibanez spcefically it just happens. ive tried all of the other brands and my pick is always been that ibanez! is there something wrong with me?

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Yes. You should seek immediate medical attention.

3. traben182

traben182

Sep 5, 2010
    alright made the appointment for Friday:D!

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I have brands I like, brands I do not. But that I have brands I like does not keep me from checking out & buying other brands.

5. What are the other options at your shop? I used to end up liking the ibanez more than other basses available in my shop. But everything else in there was just cheap crap.not that there is anything wrong with Ibanez, but I grew a lot as a player and so did my taste in instruments.i do ask have a soundgearin my fleet though and it sounds good for what it is.and comfortable to play also.

6. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Nah I'm a brand slut, I like to try 'em all

7. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    There is no point in sticking with one brand just for the sake of sticking with one brand but if you just happen to find yourself landing on basses that are all offered by the same brand, especially if that brand has kind of a specific style and identity and way they operate, then you've just found a good fit and don't need to apologize for it. It's cool you know what you like. It'll make shopping easier and less GAS that way.

8. Everyone has their own preferences. People spend years searching for their true, desired sound. If you've already discovered yours, that's a benefit. Besides, it wouldn't hurt later if/when you've been discovered & Ibanez approaches you for a sponsorship deal.

"Ibanez rep: Do you play our instruments regularly?
    Your reply: Well, all I've ever owned are Ibanez instruments.
    Ibanez rep: Welcome aboard!"

9. traben182

traben182

Sep 5, 2010
    they mainly have fender, peavy, and ibanez but other brands float through the door every now and again. my friends have let me borrow other basses like schecters and the like i just couldnt not miss my ibanezes! i have a 5 string soundgear and a 6 string soundgear right now but i have owned 4 other ibanezes. i just love the sound of them. of coarse there are some lemmons but thats why i try them out. i like the playability of some of the peavys like the cirrus i just cant get the tone i want! maybe i need to do a blindfold test to be sure.

10. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    No. Of the 21 basses I own, there are 11 different manufacturers... Made in America, Made in China, Made in Japan, Made in Korea! Come from all over the world and I love each bass for completely different reasons...

11. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    +1 tHAT'S ..pretty much it.

12. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    do you stick with one brand?

For awhile .... :)

13. relwof

relwof

May 7, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Try playing without a pick? Seriously though, nothing wrong with Ibanez. My second bass was an Ibanez 4 string, still have it twenty-some years later. If it feels good and sounds good, don't worry about it.

Just curious though, how many basses have you bought? ah, never mind....

And what kind of tone are you having trouble getting out of a Cirrus?

14. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    9 basses, 7 different brands, all different models. If I have one why do I want another of the same thing. All my basses play and sound differently.

15. If I like it, I buy it. Brand is secondary. However, I prefer higher end basses such as MIA Fenders, Alembics, Sadowsky, etc. I have owned several Ibanez basses that played well and sounded great.

16. 2 basses, 2 brands (Ibanez and Squier) same with amps too, different brands.

Liam

17. Hamerguy

Hamerguy

Mar 29, 2008
    Hmm... let me think, Basses... different brands, amps... different brands, cases... different brands, pickups... different brands, cables... different brands, straps... different brands (though most are Fender straps), strings... hmm... tried different brands, but always get back to D'Addario strings (have to compare brands to know what works best for me).

18. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Yea..Fender

19. I only sold my soul to DR. The rest of me is up for the highest bidder.

20. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale

Yep ... strong medication and psychotherapy should help.