Do you stop and smell the flowers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Datsgor, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Literally, do you smell flowers? I like to put my nose right in there and smell them, it's invigorating to my senses. There are a lot of roses around right now. It's nice.

eukatheude and GKon like this.
  2. I truly love the fragrance of Lilacs in early April, and I have 3 different varieties plus 5 different kinds of roses which bloom later on in the season around here.

Butterfly Bush has a really nice smell too.

Datsgor likes this.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I love the smell of lilacs. Here's my best lilac story.

I was in maybe seventh grade. Some of the bully boys were teasing me, because I had some lilacs pressed in one of my schoolbooks. I was dead certain they would stop bullying, once I explained myself.

"They're for my mommy."

Yeah, that worked out.

4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Not since I lived in Chiang Mai Thailand.
    There you could smell a fragrance all over the city from flowers that bloom in hedges.
    They have their national flower show there, with Orchids being the queens of it all.

Datsgor likes this.
  5. Can't stand the smell of Lilac......and those wild Daisies that grow out in the country etc.....they actually smell like dogcrap......my wife brought some inside once and I was checking all my shoes because I figured I must have stepped in something...

6. slobake

slobake resident ... something

7. Jasmine......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. I'm not a big fan of floral scents, but a good rose is breathtaking. I had a pink and white rose a few months ago that was amazing! I kept smelling it over and over, for a few days, until it wilted and died.

9. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Right now? <violent sneeze and snork> No, not really, all we have around here are moldy dead leaves for the most part, thanks. I do love lilacs, though, one of the few that don't make me sneeze.

Datsgor likes this.
  10. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Sorry, couldn't resist...

(offensive language warning)

Mktrat likes this.
  11. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I love the way the whole neighborhood smells on summer evenings when the jasmines are in bloom.

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not much in bloom here in the Mid Atlantic flatlands. Mums are about it.

That being said, there's a horse trail running behind my house and all the neighbors' houses. Honeysuckle grows all down that path. The prevailing wind blows from that direction. I could stand in my yard and smell that for hours. When the kids and I go down that path picking wildflowers I bury my head in it several times.

13. Datsgor

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
  14. Datsgor

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Yes! That's what I am talking about, getting right down in there.

15. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    No, I wish I still could but I have no sense of smell from bad allergy/sinus problems and nasal polyps.

Gazman likes this.
  16. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Losing one's sense of smell is one of the signs of possible early onset Alzheimer's. Maybe I just smoke too much. Wait, I don't smoke.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021