Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think a Sansamp BDDI would be useful in my rig?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tmu, Mar 3, 2005.

1. DO IT!

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. NO!!! You don't need it!

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Here is is: EBMM Sterling into traynor yba200 into traynor yba1510 (boss TU-2 tuner).

I play rock fingerstyle and pickstyle.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    If you want a growly-burpy-farty-growl, go for it. It would make your rig sound immense. (Pile-drivingly heavy) :bassist:

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm siding with Smash, you don't need it. You already have a tube amp and active bass. Unfortunately, you have the DI covered too.

Just saved yourself $150 :)

4. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Cool, well, I have some cash to get an pedal of sorts. what do you think?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Buy used for approx $140.00 shipped, and if you don't like it, you can make most, if not all your money back.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The new three channel programmable Sansamp BDDI is coming out in three weeks, at a new price of $199
    The current one channel version is about $189, I think the used price of current BDDI's will come down a good amount in the next month or two.
    In other words, it may pay you to wait a few weeks ;)

7. I wish they'd just hurry up and appear on the shelves, I've been thinking of getting a SABDDI for a while now, and the SABDDI II clinched it. now I simply can't wait any longer!