Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think Gibson will make a matching bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jan 19, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If they're smart, no. Have you noticed in catalogs how the guitars are sold with goofy body styles, (i.e., the BC Rich Supreme Warlock), ratsass finishes, (i.e., George Lynch Kamikaze with camoflauge, bombs, and Japanese letter characters), or useless meters, (i.e., the Tempesta model), and that when you get to the bass section, the instruments stop looking like Thai Temple Dancer dresses on acid?

However, given Gibson's fairly flawless history of misreading bass player wants/needs (except the early days), it wouldn't surprise me if they made one.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I can see it now..the bass version of that in the hands of Creed's new bass player. (Just kidding.) Speaking of bass versions of guitars, I have been waiting since the Parker Fly guitar came out for the bass version of it. I'm living for the day we have feather weight basses, of course, they still have to sound like an authoritative bass and not a whimp-butt bass.

jason oldsted

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Jason, Steve Swallow actually has a Parker Fly bass, AFAIK it is the only one over made.

I would love one of those, that would be very easy on the shoulder for those long gigs, and as long as it was made out of the right woods it could still sound good too.

4. I wan't a parker Fly bass also I even tune my 5 string CGDAE.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California

Apparently, I wasn't sarcastic enough...:rolleyes:

Will C.:cool:

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

7. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Check out the fingerboard. I can just see the tab now...

G--------------------------S3-----------------------------
    D---------S3----------S3------S3-----E--S5--U--S3--
    A-----S3------S3--J---------------S3-----------------------
    E--J-------------------------------------------------------

:D

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like this. In a separate matter, Doyle Dykes, fingerstyle guitarist extraordinaire and ordained preacher to boot, says god's favorite chord is ... you guessed it, Gsus. Amen, bretheren. Can I get an amen?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Ever notice that that smiley looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Em-B?