Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think I got a good deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Not that it really matters as I am happy with my new setup mainly because of the crazy volume. But I got a BXR 200 head, and a 410 and 115 cab for 1400 canadian (total, taxes included). I mostly looked at it as, I am not going to get a 410, 115, and a head for that price without ordering online and getting killed by the shipping. What do you think?

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    meh... i've gotten an SVT 3 Pro for $350, a sweet Hartke 4x10 for $200, and a PV 1x15 for a trade on an amp (but was $150) so thats total of like 700.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    that sounds pretty good. Brand new, right?

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Admittedly, I am not familair with the gear you bought.

In reality, anything that pleases you, based on what you spent is a good deal.

So.....congrats!

Enjoy!

5. Yes but that is in american funds I am assuming. This is in canadian.

6. Just curious, did you buy it new? If not, what condition is your gear in? What brand are the cabs? And where did you get it? Fender isn't selling the BXR model anymore.

Sorry, but it's a little hard to say if it's a good deal without more information.

You're only 15 minutes away from Edmonton, right?

7. They are Fender cabs, its all used equipment, but money hasn't changed hands yet, I am thinking of backing out and getting a hartke and just a 410 of some kind for now. I think I will get much better tone out of that. Its all from Lilo's on White ave. I kinda rushed into it, I am going to axe tomorrow to try the hartke setup.

8. I got a mint used SVP pro for $200