Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think others famous bass players want to play with mccartney at the same stage

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by zack01, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zack01

zack01

Aug 3, 2002
    ??????

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Will Lee considered it the highest honor and a high point in his career...

-robert

3. you know i never think of Paul as a bassist. he's just Paul. and i mean he was a good bass player and all but i think i respect him for his song writing more. i think of him as a songwriter. and if i played with him on stage thats what id have in mind

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ummmm....Zack01, do you think maybe you're going just a wee bit overboard with all the Paul MdCartney stuff??

5. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, man. I mean, I love Paul's bass playing and have infinite opinions on the subject, but it's gettig to be a bit much. Maybe we could talk about a more modern bass player? Like Ronnie Lane with Small faces? Yeah, well, I loved it when he played that Harmony Batman bass, and his work on "Ogdens' Nutgone Flake" was.... hey.... where did everyone go? Hello?

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol

what is it lately with the "my hero is mr. x and i'm going to post incessantly about him" threads?

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Maybe it's "research" for a school summer project? :rolleyes:

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, you may have a point there. school did just start for many folks over here in the states. maybe everyone is getting their assignments for the semester, and they are coming to their reliable source of Truth and Accuracy (tm), talkbass.

i mean, i can see real valid research going on by that guy who's in love with mike dirnt, research that will further the art of bassists everywhere. he needs a grant, imo.

9. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    i agree, but since there are incessant posts starting on him, they can feel free to search the other threads and add their comments to those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.