Do you think Rage Against the Machine will ever get back together?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Jan 21, 2006.

12 vote(s)
  2. I certainly hope so.

51 vote(s)
  3. Nope, never.

46 vote(s)
  4. Who wants RATM when you've got Audioslave???

30 vote(s)
  1. (I'm sure this has been asked before, but peoples opinions change.)

I certainly hope so.

I mean, I like Audioslave but, theres just that edge that RATM had, isnt in Audioslave IMO. I was watching some bootlegs from Lallapalooza '93 (I think, with TOOL and other awesome bands) and the Live At the Grand Olypmic Auditorium DVD and I realized how much I miss these guys. Zacks ryhmage just fits perfect (and way better than Chris Cornells singing, IMO). And I could imagine that two more albums would have been released by now, cause I know Zach would have had A LOT to say about the things that have happened in politics since Battle of Los Angeles.

What do you guys think?
  2. I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's never been nasked before :smug:
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I sure as hell hope not. I don't care if I ever hear Zach's bitchy whiny voice trying to act like he's mr badass left winger fight the man.
  4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I doubt it will happen. It would be cool, right up there with other bands who I want to get back togther like Sepultura and whatnot.

Audioslave are a bit dissappointing for me.I never loved RATM, but they were a damn sight better than Audioslave. But I think the former RATM members are too proud to go crawling back, even though they are sure to know that the RATM songs they play live are more popular than the Audioslave ones...

I'm sure I'm not the only person who, if I was going to see Audioslave, would only be going "to see the guys from RATM".
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That's because you are "the man" cheesewiz! :bag:

I loved RATM's music but Zach's vocals could get on my nerves after awhile.

I doubt they will get back together because Zach's ego is so big he won't be able to get over himself and try other things lyrically, unfortunately.
  6. Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    I love RATM. Audioslave is just Chris Cornells acting like a wimp, because he knew that Soundgarden was dead, thats why he made Audioslave.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If they did, it'll be too late to matter. In other words, I don't think too many would care. It's like the ho hum Smashing Pumpkins reunion.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    +1 talk about a tool.
  9. Bassmonk3y

Sep 19, 2005
    Tacoma, Wa
    From what I've heard, the last thing that Zach's been doing is living in Cuba, and fighting in the revolution.

I don't know about you guys, but I personally feel that he has a bit more credibility than just a 'whiny guy trying to be left wing' if he's out there actually DOING what he sings about, when he's not singing.
    I think that makes him something more than just a screechy voice. RATM without Zach is like a body without a heart. Thus AudioSlave, the most descriptive title for that band possible, besides AudioZombie, was born.

And the kicker is, Soundgarden was phenomenal too!
    ugh, the dangers of inbreeding bands. It's like those pretty pedigree dogs that fall down and have seizures all the time, or have bad hips...

ok that was a ridiculous topic swerve, my apologies.:D :bag:
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Zach supports what he talks about by doing it.

No they will not be getting back together.
  11. Their day has come and gone. I think most people's tastes have moved on. I liked them in the 90s but listening back it sounds horribly dated.
  12. I don't think they will get back together...I agree with woodchuck in that if they got back together, nobody would really care...I think the main reason that RATM won't get back together is because although there are many people who want RATM to get back together, I think that the members of AS are really happy with what they are doing...I remember reading an interview with tim, and he said that 50 years down the line, he would rather hear AS on the radio then RATM...
    although people seem to like RATM more, i applaud them for doing something they want to do, rather than letting record execs get them to sound like SG or RATM...
  13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm waiting for the Inside Out reunion...or maybe Hard Stance?
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    "**** the establishment" said the man signed to Sony's record label
  15. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I guess it's possible, but w/ Audioslaves success, I wouldn't hold my breath. I like AS better anyhow, I found RATM's message got old. I always liked the band and tolreated Zach. But I'm a little older.

My first Bass teacher got a kick out of it when me dressed in jeans and cowboy boots started whipping out "Bombtrack".
  16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    i too prefer AS, RATM's vocals got on my nerves.

and this is music related, so shouldnt it be in misc?
  17. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Where's the "I hope not and hate audioslave, too" option?
  18. [Opinion On] I hope not. [opinion Off]
  19. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I think it's a distinct possibility, whether you like RATM or not. Depends on the political climate.

Both Zach and Tom are pretty hardcore activists. They don't have so much credibility, of course, being rich and all... But that doesn't change the way they think apparently. Tom's "Nightwatchman" gig and his place in the "Axis of Justice" organization has been filling his activist role lately. But if you look at RATM and look at something like Axis of Justice, they were way different. RATM was far more violent and revolutionary, whereas Axis of Justice is more of a "prayer-circle liberal" kind of group. Personally I think Tom was more at home with the old RATM. So was Zack. I'm trying not to get into political details, but I can if it's allowed.

Zack is a bit... Big-headed. Self-righteous for sure. But I think beyond that it didn't take much from the message of their music. And yes, Audioslave is not up to RATM standards. Audioslave is so... Mundane and ordinary.