Do you think that GK will come out with a 2x10 neo cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Feb 7, 2006.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000

I've really been considering GK's 2x12 Neo. I think it would be awesome if they put out a matching 2x10. Does anyone know if GK has one in the works or anything?

Also, has anyone used the 2x12? I'm looking for a lot of mid-range punch with tight bottom and a little hifi (but not sickening hifi). Do you think this cab would suit me well?
  2. IIRC, I believe Dan Elliot stated on this forum that GK probaby wouldn't make a 2X10 NEO. The reason, again IIRC, was the selling price of the 2x10 would be very close to that of the 2x12. The feeling at GK was why would someone buy a 2x10 when they could get the 2x12 for the same amount of money.

As far as the GK 212NEO goes, it may depend on the head you intend to use with it. I own a newer 1001RB-II, 212NEO and 115NEO. I rarely ever use the 115 with this set up. I believe this cabinet will fit your description, but that's IMO.

I really, really, really wish Gallien Krueger would make a 1210 NEO cabinet in apprioximatly the same package as the 2x12. The single 10" would help a little with near-field monitoring when pushing the whole stack. :bag:

Small quibble thought, If I had to do it all over again I would make the same decsion - killer rig! :bassist:
  3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Sooner or later they'll have no choice. Ferrite magnets will be joining field coils and alnico in the 'remember when?' files within the foreseeable future.
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks for the replies. I've decided that if I go with the 2x12, I might stick an SWR Goliath Junior on top.
  5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    FYI, Genz Benz makes a 2x10 neo cab.
  6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I like it too, or maybe throw a 6" mid in with the 2 X 12's/horn, make it possible for someone to turn the horn off and get a more old school vibe.
    Or offer a "NT" no tweeter version of the same cabinet.
  7. We showed a Neo 410 at the NAMM show. A 210 has been discussed but we haven't decided on the form factor yet.
  8. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    I'd tend to agree provided neodymium supply remains sufficient. Otherwise this rare earth metal will just get lots more expensive and thus bass rigs will too. Then again that's a pretty reasonable future prediction, because everything is getting scarse and more financially unreasonable.
  9. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The problem isn't the supply of neo, it's the price of oil. Whether it's the raw driver or the finished cabinet the higher shipping charges for large ferrite magnets have made them too expensive to remain around much longer.