1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you think this is a good deal???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    on ebay:
    Stu Hamm Urge Standard MIM

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140066561668&rd=1&rd=1

seems to be in somewhat good shape, few dings and dongs but nothing big...
    how much would you pay for this thing?
    I have never played a bass with 32" scale, is it so different compared to 34" (yes yes two inches...) ?? I do like 34" over 35"..
    Is there a D-tuner in this thing?? (can`t see it from the pics..)

Actually I don`t need new bass, but still.....

So is it a good deal?:confused:

2. Can only really answer one of your questions - it does not have a D-tuner, unless the previous owner put one on, in which case they would probably say so in the ad.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, likesay, it's a decent enough bass, but it's never going to compete with the "holy grail" Urge basses (the original models and the custom built models).

It shares the 32" scale with the original Urge bass, which is a very cool feature (if you're looking for a decent 32" scale jazz bass this is it I suppose!). Of course, the price could shoot up but thats not a bad price. In general though, I don't see these MIM Urge basses selling for a huge amount (though the original Urge basses can fetch quite a price due to them being discontinued). Imo, it's not a bad bass, and it's not a bad deal! You could so worse, you could end up spending £1000+ on an Urge II! :rollno:

4. Yup, I agree with Chris (how ya doin, mate !!)

The Mexican ones are cool and share the same scale as the orginal Urges (I'm one of the lucky ones who has one, also from eBay !!).

IMO, Price is pretty good and they don't come up that often...

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm great, still jamming on my Kubicki!

What you have to look out for is an informed market when buying these absses. I've heard of them going for some quite high prices, especially when the Fender-collectors find them for sale. However, I did see an "as new" model with the original hard-case and all the case candy sell for the equivalent of £500 in a German auction.

6. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    So I didn`t buy it...

The price jumped a bit, and ended at 350€

7. i would never buy a bass that has dongs in it.