Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think this is a scam?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Slot, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Get paid to take online surveys <---------click

Do you reckon this a scam?...... it sounds to good to be true. Supposedly all you have to is fill in a bunch of easy surveys, and get paid for doing it.:eek:

I dont believe it .....but ....errrr......

2. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Corrected!! I tend to 'bang' them out in a hurry without proof reading. I'll lift my game in future:p

:D

3. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Not sure if any of it is a scam, but the ShoppingJobs link on that website is definitely legit. My wife is a "Secret Shopper" with this program. She gets assignments to go check things out at particular stores, make a purchase of 35-50 bucks and then fill out a survey on how her shopping experience went, how she was treated, how checking out was, etc... She is reimbursed for her purchases, her mileage, receives an hourly wage for time spent, and gets to keep whatever she bought. Same for restaurants. In fact this topic has strange timing because I happen to be meeting her at a Longhorn Steakhouse today where she is authorized to spend up to 35.00 on lunch to fill out a survey on our dining experience. I think I'll have a nice steak and then some dessert.:D

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm a secret shopper as well, and the way you describe it, everybody's going to be hopping on the gravy train.

I would just mention that you have to have good writing skills, and a good working knowledge of customer service, the insides and outs. Most companies don't reimburse you for about 3-6 weeks, although usually around 3. It is not, usually, sufficient as a full time job.

I do it because my lady and I don't currently have a lot of expendable income, (she's starting a business, I'm a student), and this affords us a way to go out with spending very little. (Yes, we're reimbursed for the money we spend, but you still have to take the time to honestly fill out the surveys, forms, questionnaires).

5. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    You are correct. There is some degree of paperwork to fill out. Today for lunch for example, she had a 3 page questionaire to complete, some of it in essay form. Still though, for a stay at home mom and housewife, this is more than worth her while. We had a nice 2hr 40.00 lunch for 5 bucks. I won't be able to stay awake this afternoon!

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member