1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you think this is staged?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marcus, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Personally, I think it is...

Discuss.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think the music was added by the guy who posted it to add to the shock value.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well damn, if Maury started playing Outkast in the middle of a show I was on, I'd start dancing too.

4. I have to admit this comment made me really laugh out loud. I need the laugh to before my psych final later.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    My friend Gorilla X has appeared on the Maury show three times, once in the Gorilla suit and twice as "a young man married to an old woman"...

[​IMG]

...and he says every episode is completely staged. Not a single moment is "natural". He said Maury doesn't even spend much time in the same room as the "acts", a lot of the shots of him talking are taped at a separate time from scenes when the guests are talking. :rolleyes:

6. i remember seeing that episode last summer (because they don't always do dances) and there was no music, so i am pretty sure that it was added later :)

7. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Here I thought ALL talk shows were stanged? You mean they're not? You mean to tell me that Jerry Springer really DOESN'T mean to make all his redneck midget bi-lesiban lovers duke it out in a combination of jello and mud?

Seriously, wy would someone who really wants to work out their problems go on a talk show? It's a show. Has to be interesting. Therapy isn't all that interesting.

8. that was kind of sad, and completely hilarious

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Glad someone else thinks so...fwiw, I didn't watch the episode, nor do I watch the show at all. The music just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. Kind of like bad cgi that's all over the place these days. ;)