Do you think this Ritter will sell for $3000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Mar 4, 2002.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I can't understand people who sell $3k basses and don't even say what kind of woods it's made out of, or what electronics it has. Lame-o.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He's trying to sell it for almost the same price he bought it for, with the argument that you don't have to wait 8 month like for a new Ritter.

You take it from there...or leave it at that.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    And that probably has something to do with why they're selling it for so high.

It won't go for $3k...but if it does, I pity the schmuck who wasted his money. I'm sure the bass is worth it, but it's still used and for sale in a down market.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    What's up with the artsy fartsy control cavity cover? Can you say overkill?
  5. Yeah, mine was like that too. I had mine (5 string with a graphite neck and quilted mahogany) listed at $1700 and nobody bought it. Then I traded it for some cash and...haha...a Ken Smith bass. Nice bass, which I then sold to a friend and came out about even.
  6. I don't know about overkill but artsy could be one of the motivations for the control cavity cover. The Ritter website does emphisize the "art factor" in Ritter basses.

It is a really nice looking bass.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What Angus said.

8. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    If I was interested, I'd offer around what he'll probably get for his watch--around $1900.
  9. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  10. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    If someone buys that bass for that price they are a total fool.

Used Ritters loose their value big time. I should know because I dealt with two used Ritters and they were selling them for $900 and $1,400. One was a 4 string in all black the other a 5 stringer. He's insane to be asking for that price!

The other thing is Ritters don't sell very well "new" because of the outrageous price tag. Hence the resale value being shot. I guess.

Good luck to that cat.....
  11. All I know is that is one ugly bass.
  12. Jazzany

Oct 18, 2003
    Used Ritters lose they value big time?? Please put me on to a Ritter 5 string for under $2,000. I have been searching and found out that it is the old models that sell cheap. Those made over the last 3 years or so 'are of a different breed' (design/electronic changes, no more graphite,etc.) and don't come cheap. I just got one and it cost me a fortune (and worth it, I might add)...if u can get me a used (newer model)Classic 5 in excellent condition for under $2,000, I'll buy...and if u get a fretless, I'll buy both. I'VE RESEARCHED THIS BIG TIME,and sorry,I THINK U HAVE THAT DEVALUE THING ALL WRONG. The best prices so far is at