Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you want to see Ringo play with McCartney on Pauls next Tour??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Martha01, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Yes (as drummer)

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Yes (as a singer)

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Martha01

Martha01

Sep 20, 2002
    What do you think do you want Mccartney to replace Abe with Ringo and do you think it would change they bands performance to the better or worst??

2. Ringo might not be the greatest drummer in the world, but it would be cool to see the last two Beatles together onstage again! :cool:

BTW, your poll is incomplete. What about Ringo as a drummer on a few tunes and as a singer on a few others? A kind of "special guest thing"? :)

3. Martha01

Martha01

Sep 20, 2002
    Would have loved him to play the tune Act Naturally ringo on drums and Paul singing Harmony and playing his hofner bass!!!

That is the coolest you can see on a stage!!

Ringo plays the drums if he was born behind his drums and Paul looks as he plays a lead guitarr...

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    oh, you're back.

It's a moot point to me, since I won't pay 200 quid for seeing either one of them.

5. You mean "Big Star"? :confused: :)

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

How about McCartney and Yasser Arafat ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    I voted no, as I really think Sir Paul can afford to hire a good drummer for his next tour.

8. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Of all the Beatles, and I really do love the Beatles, I really didnt like Ringo. He was the one with little creativity, littles edge and (i'll probally get flamed for this) little talent. Everyone of the beatles brought something to make the group great, but Ringo? he was like the invisible man, he atributed very little. That said, The Fab Four were the greatest group of rock and roll ever. period.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I agree with jazzcat. I'd also rather not hear Ringo sing anything ever again, thank you very much. But I as well am not willing to fork over the big bucks just to see one or two members of the Beatles... actually, I don't care if they bring John and George back from the dead, I simply cannot afford a Paul McCartney ticket, it's absurd.

10. No the song is titled, Act Naturally, it was written by Buck Owens in the 60's and Ringo covered it.

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. Ha! I always thought "Big Star" was the title... We used to play that song and always introduced it as "Ringo Starr's Big Star". Thanks Treena! :)

12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

....and about every lick played by Harrison before the acid kicked in was a direct steal from Nashville.

13. Just to clarify.

I know this because my father played Pedal steel guitar for Buck, in Bakersfiled, in the 60's.

I was born there too!

Yes, I've played the song a few hundred times in my life.

[​IMG]
    Treena

14. Ringo is an extraordinarily creative drummer. No had ever approached the kit like he did before. His style, feel and time are one of the major reasons that the Beatles sound is so recognizable. I'll take Ringo's groove over that of some cat that's all about chops and not about feel any day of the week.

All you knobs that think Ringo's playing isn't good just because he doesn't over-play, have a lot to learn about the evolution of the drum kit and its place in popular music. Ringo changed the face of rock and roll just with his approach and style. No one had done it before, and everyone has been doing it since.

Nothing sounds dumber than a bunch of non-drummers trying to pontificate about drums and drummers

15. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Fixed that for you ...:D

Nobody is cooler than the master of the backbeat.

That being said, would I like to see Ringo with Paul, yeah, ok, but not in Wings.

I would rather see Paul guest in the All Star Band.

And Ringo uses a second drummer in the band anyway. Every tour has different songs, different artists. Everybody loves to tour with the guy, and he has access to pretty any performer he wants, not that he makes a big deal of it.

And Ringos last ticket cost me about 50 bones, not 200+.

Ringo would not fit into a Wings show, I can't see him doing the sugar sweet pap Mac and Wings did.

Thor

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    The only good thing the Beatles were good for was the inspiration for the 'Rutles.'

:spit:

17. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    +1.

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    :cool:

right.

I love Abe Jr.

However,it would be darn nice to have the rhythm section of Paul & Ringo playing those old Beatles tunes.

19. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    What I would really, really like to see is Paul McCartney replace Darryl Jones, and play bass for the Rolling Stones. Then, add Ringo on a second kit (you know, like Skynyrd).

THEN, they should combine their hits (since--let's face it--they have all been done so many times, anyway).

Just picture:

"Can't Get No Satisfaction From the Fool on the Hill"

"Rocky Raccoon Vs Wild Horses"

"Let's Spend the Night Together, But I'm Only Sleeping"

"Lady Madonna's Sympathy For the Devil"

"Norwegian Wood/Heart of Stone"

You get the idea.

Now, THAT I'd pay money to see.

:bassist:

20. Who in the music world isn't influenced by other styles either consiously or unconsciously?The Beatles freely admit to being influenced by Elvis(one of thier heros) Buddy Holly and others.They started out as a skiffle band.Plus George was barely into his twenties when they hit it BIG.Hardly enough time to develope his own style. I think he did pretty good considering Legends like Dylan,Orbison,Petty to name a few played with him all the time.
    As for Ringos drumming The Beatles played and wrote every style of music imaginable and for a guy who had a background of 50's style rock I think he did an amazing job. Imagine being able to impress Lennon & McCartney enough for them to say the drum track is good for the song they just recorded. Just for the record I think that McCartney was highly underated as a bass player as well. As for Ringo playing with McCartney I think it would be great if they did the old tunes together and when they're doing the Wings tunes Ringo can be backstage rolling up spliffs for the party after:D