Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Docs Proplugs - a recommendation

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by gareth, Dec 6, 2003.

1. gareth

gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    UK
    I posted some threads sometime back about how I'd joined a new rock covers band and how I was having real big problems with stage volume causing me to have ringing ears for days after a gig - we are a 5 piece guitar band with only the vocals and drums going thru the p.a. and therefore the guitar and bass amps being used to provide the audience sound as well as stage sound.

Well I am pleased to report to you that my problem has been solved - not by reducing the stage volume but my properly using my Docs Proplugs - those earshaped plastic plugs that sell for about $10.

The problem at first was discipling myself to use the plugs and to push them full into my ears and then to get used to the reduced volume I hear - really weird to start with. But now I'm used to them and I can honestly say that I hear no ringing after gigs.

I really can recommed these plugs. Do yourself a favor and protect your ears.

Gareth

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Good news gareth...I, too, have found the advantages of hearing protection. It's nice to be able to sleep at night without my ears ringing from hours of loud music. You should chime in on the "hearing loss and ear plugs" thread going on in the misc forum.