Docs versus Lugz...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hategear, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Doc Martens. They've got that bouncing sole thing happening.

17 vote(s)
  2. Lugz. They're the boots and shoes with attitude.

0 vote(s)
  3. Keds, man. Keds.

2 vote(s)
  1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It's time for another one of my soon-to-be famous versus threads. This one pits Doc Martens against Lugz. Lugz seem like "me too" Docs, so there.

Have at it.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Merrells, all the way, for me.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    IIRC, Docs were originally designed as a work shoe in England decades ago. Oddly enough, I've done physically rough jobs in a pair of Docs and my feets loved me for it. Like a pre-CBS Fender or an original Slant 6, they're the real deal.

These days, I'm a Merrell man as well.
  4. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    None of the above, I either wear a nice pair of Cole-Haan's or some form of running shoe.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Pro Keds, Converse, suede Pumas and Adidas! As for work boots, Wolverines!
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I wear these - I'm backing Britain!! ;)

But I have no idea what the other things mentioned in this thread are! :confused:
  7. If its just docs vs lugz....then Docs I suppose. I, however, am a Vans person. :D
  8. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I wear Doc Martens.

I'm on my feet at my job 8+ hours a day, and my feet are never sore after work.

I've had one, and only one pair, for almost three years now, and they're still the second most comfortable shoes I've ever had...The first being $3 sandals from Wal*Mart.

When these Docs go out in 2005 or so, I'm definitely buying another pair.
  9. I know a guy that's had a pair of Docs for over 12 years and they still are in good shape. So don't count them out too early. ;)

I love my Docs! Three pairs and I wan't another soon.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Doc Martens baby.
  11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My first pair of Docs lasted me over a year. My second pair wore through at my little toe, causing it to stick out of my shoe, but I wore 'em like that for another three of four months. I just recently bought my first pair of safety toe shoes (and my third pair of Docs altogether) for work. I'm gonna have to change 'em out after six or eight months though, because my feet, ankles and knees are in such bad shape, I can't be sloppin' around in 1 or 2-year-old shoes anymore.

BTW, I have a slant 6 in my '86 Dodge van. You can't kill those suckers!

12. i never likes lugz...too..ghetto? is that wrong of me to say? my docs have been going strong for about 3 years now, they're those 18 hole ones, in black of corse, i wear them everytime i wear a like....5 times a week. but to be honest, i'd rather go barefoot anyday!!!!!
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I got my Docs because my feet were sore after 8+ hours of standing and walking around at work every day. Ive had happy feet ever since.

Even though they were purchased as work shoes and only work shoes I wear them all the time because they are so damn comfortable.

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I have to wear steel toe shoes at I bought a pair of Docs! They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn! From now on that's all I buy!!

I voted docs
  15. Docs, or vans.

My Vans have lasted my 4 years now, they're on the way out. But not quite, I've bought new inner soles for them twice. So, they'll be in the trashbin soon....or maybe I should frame them...