1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(Doctor Bass) Dr. Bass - Customer Service Thread - Complaints & Concerns

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by U.S. Bassist, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U.S. Bassist

U.S. Bassist

Mar 26, 2009
    I know there have been many threads on Dr. Bass, but I just want to get a new warning out to any players out there with G.A.S. thinking about one of their products.

DON'T BUY FROM DR. BASS.

They are way past due on my order (that is prepaid infull), and many others from what I read here. If you do a search with the Better Business Bureau, they score a big fat "F". They have some cases with the BBB where they have not even responded? Sound familiar.

I certainly wish I would have done my due diligence prior to ordering.

Please, anyone intending on buying a Dr. Bass product, give your money to a more deserving manufacturer. Many great products out there.

U.S. Bassist

2. milwbassman

milwbassman

Jul 22, 2008
    Endorsing Artist - Lakland Basses - Mesa Titan V12 - PH210 - PH115
    I know the feeling. It sucks when you do not get any responses to voicemail and email. Never again... I learned a valuable lesson.

3. Wow, this is the second thread I read about this. What's going on with Dr. Bass?

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    This kind of stuff has been happening for years. It's nothing new. If you do a search you'll find that BigFatBass posted this same kind of situation with Dr. Bass YEARS ago

5. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    The secret ( at least in my case ) is ordering a cab that they already have in stock. I've done this twice and have never waited more than two weeks. If you want a custom made cab, you take your chances as far as wait time goes.

6. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    LOL, nothing different than what has always happened. The outfit is on the slimy side. Lift up a rock, you'll see them.

They're lucky though, unfortunately. It's hard for people to do a search for them because of the "DR" in the name. Messes with the search function. So it's hard for people to find out the crappy info.

7. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Go holla at jorg schroeder, he'll get you straightened out.

8. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...yep, or Low Down Sound, Avatar, or Bill Fitzmaurice...

9. xbassmanx

xbassmanx

Jul 29, 2007
    Hang in there U.S. Bassist!

I received my cab last week after waiting 6 months.

10. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD

To be completely fair, the BBB shows a grand total of 4 complaints in the past 36 months and they were regarding delivery issues. 2 are listed as resolved and acknowledged by both parties and 2 show up as unresolved. If the dispute was resolved and neither party updates the BBB then they could show up as unresolved permanently.

11. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    :eek:

12. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Am I the only guy that had a great experience with Marc and Chuck??

I've had my cab 18 months. They took their time and discussed at length what would be the best cab for my situation. They could have sold me something much more expensive, and didn't. They went out of their way to be certain that the cab was delivered on time for me. Hell, they even discussed which power heads would be best!

I like these guys. I'm sorry that you are having a bad experience. It's a small operation for sure, but they make a great product!

You guys can re commence complaining and throwing darts now.........

13. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Don't stop there! It's a real shame England ever passed those child labor laws! What was so wrong about sending small children up chimneys for 14 hours a day? - Why, they'd be dead in a few years ANYWAY!!!

14. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

I've asked this question on the "other" thread that was closed. How many people have received cabs from Marc in 2009? It looks like that number may be 2 or 3. I wonder how many people are waiting for a cab?

Say what you will, the wait alone should send people running the other way. Nevermind the "stories" about why your cab is delayed. It would appear that Marc's 15 minutes of fame are over! It would shock me if all of us who are waiting(AND paid in full up front)will EVER see a cabinet. If we were to hear that Marc closed his shop and disappeared, I would not be shocked.

Ten months and counting for my order...

15. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    I too am sorry to hear about your problem. I bought two Dr.Bass cabs used, so I did not have to wait. I had a problem where my two cabs did not match impedance wise ( tube amps do not like 2.67 ohm loads ). I emailed Marc about the problem, now it did take him a few days to get back to me, but he offered me a used, 4ohm, 15" speaker for super cheap, now I have matching cabs. Despite all the negative press Dr.Bass is getting, I thought I would let people know that Marc at Dr.Bass does do good things and does help out. He for sure is not closed, and I am sorry about your frustration.

16. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...ten months...ten months!...ten months!!!...

...honestly now, is there anyone who doesn't think this is way beyond ridiculous?...

17. I put a deposit down on a new car back in Jan 2008. The latest update is the car will be ready by December 2010! That said, I wouldn't wait that long for a bass cab - I'm pretty much "this week or never" when it comes to that kind of stuff. I get impatient just waiting for UPS when it takes 4-5 days to ship something to me! ;)

18. 10 months is ridiculous. Sorry, he should respond or refund the money. It shouldn't take 6 months, and if he knew he was that far behind, he should have let customers know. Odds are he hasn't started production, and won't for a while.

19. What kind of car?

20. milwbassman

milwbassman

Jul 22, 2008
    Endorsing Artist - Lakland Basses - Mesa Titan V12 - PH210 - PH115
    I ordered a 212 and a 115 cab. On their website, it states that these are their most popular combination. If it really is, you would think they would have the components to make these and shoot them out the door. The main problem is pre-paying for the orders. If they had to bill customers at time of shipment, they certainly would bust their as*es to get the product out the door. I don't mind waiting, but don't give me a line either. Be honest about the lead-time, then it is my decision if I want to wait or not. Marc called me a month ago saying he was ordering the covers for my cabs. yesterday he stated he just ordered them, and it takes a week to get, hmmm? I won't wait past six months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.