1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(Doctor Bass) Dr. Bass - Customer Service Thread - Complaints & Concerns

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by U.S. Bassist, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The only acceptable 'reason' for a ten-month-late order is that they're growing the trees that the cab will be made from - beyond that, it's just lousy customer service and NO product is worth the hassle some of y'all have gone thru.

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  3. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    This is the kind of wait seen in the firearms industry for ar15 rifles right now. There is NOT the same demand placed on bass cabs. This kind of customer service is either total laziness, or lack of money to keep things going properly.

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Say what you will about Dr Bass, their cabs look nice.

5. Dr. Bass cabs sound great! So do Berganinos... Honestly if it takes too long to get a cab why wait.. I would simply see what they have in stock BEFORE I dropped the cash.
    You CAN'T go wrong with Jorg's cabs either.
    I'm not slamming Dr. Bass but come on! people want your stuff... we WANT your cabinets... please make them or give a realistic timeframe at the time of purchase so we know we would have to wait a year or less.

6. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    How long was your Dr Bass wait RIM?

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I am going on about a month for my V2-12 cabinet, and I have gigs coming up, two this weekend! Marc did come through by sending me a cab to tide me over, so kudos to him.

8. He sent you a loaner? OK, that's kinda impressive.

9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    This was not an ordinary case so he took care of me, as we are working on a prototype....

Oops, now I have to kill you! :D

10. I was one of Robbie (RIM's) cancelled orders. I placed it right at the start of December in a bit of a hurry on the clear understanding that the shipment was to go the following week.

I eventually gave up a couple of months back.

I should stress that I don't blame Robbie RIM for any of this. He was very understanding. However, Marc should take a long, hard look at himself.

11. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Hi Guys,

Overall since the original order went thru, I would say its around 10 months. There has been a few added cabs and other issues with parts on the delays. I was hoping to have them in November for the UK Bass Day, but we missed out. Im just happy I have them now and two 2460 Deeps are going out to the two guys that stuck with me on the original order. I totally understand customers cancelling there orders, I feel bad that Ive taken longer this year on my custom basses for customers, they understand due to issues with parts also. The only difference is i take a deposit up front and the rest is taken once the bass is finished.

I hope things work out for Marc and he gets things moving in the new Shop etc.

Cheers,

Robbie.

12. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...new shop, lol...

13. jackassbass

jackassbass

Mar 24, 2009
    Dr. Bass has ignored several of my e-mails and phone calls. They took my money 2 months ago and I have yet to see my speakers. I'm so angry, I may have my lawyer handle the matter. I know I'll lose even more money, but someone has to take a stand. It's just bad business!

14. Only two months? Did you not read any of the previous "waiting" threads?

Actually, a three month wait would be considered expedient by todays standards from what I read.

October 26 2007, I ordered a 1580 and 1260. These were received by December 18, so less than two months.

15. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    why do some people get treated better(receive their cab first) than others? i've been waiting since early december for a standard 4 ohm 115 cab. i call everyday and sometimes several times per day. I get ahold of him about once every month and he always says "oh man, this week is hell....." and "call me friday for your tracking number"

i've been nothing but nice and i understand he has personal issues but geez man keep me updated at least to let me know what's going on instead of getting my hopes up that it's shipping friday

if i was using a cell phone to call him the money i would have wasted on daytime minutes would have outweighed the price of the cab

16. nj fclef

nj fclef Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2005
    SFO/OAK/SJC (from EWR)
    got the box. but i have to share the experience for those who are still waiting or are thinking of ordering. after a plethora of phone calls, related and unrelated excuses, and ultimately a paypal refund initiation, i finally get the box. it shouldn't be this way - if this is what full payment customers are to expect, it should be a disclaimer on the DB site.

before i knew of DB's reputation, i sent an email prior to order placement to confirm shipment so i could use it on a specific gig 6/1. i got a promised delivery date of 5/29 so i place the order. wackiness ensues:

• emailed DB 5/2 to define ship date of 5/30
    • DB says 'will have it for you then'
    • placed order 5/3 using paypal
    • sent email 5/15 to see if we're on time
    • DB says 'yes, just waiting for speaker delivery'
    • 5/17 - found the tome of horror stories on TB by you guys
    • 2 weeks before delivery date started emailing - no response
    • 1 week before delivery date sent daily email - no response
    • delivery date = no box, no clue
    • email DB on delivery date 'when am i getting what you promised?'
    • no response
    • 6/1 start calling
    • after 4th call - some unrelated excuses - says he'll call me back in 2 hours
    • no call back
    • call next day - more unrelated excuses - offers alt speakers
    • i approve alt speakers after he promises shipment in 4 days
    • 4th day - no tracking - i initiate a refund thru paypal
    • first time i get a callback - DB says refund take 30 days
    • i tell him i can wait - but would rather have the box
    • promises to find the alt speakers
    • still calling daily to get status - shouldn't have to do this, folks
    • 6/17 call for status - DB finds alt speakers - i cancel the refund process
    • 6/22 call for status - shipping 'today' will send tracking
    • 6/23 no tracking - call DB ' couldn't ship yesterday, shipping today!'
    • 6/24 finally got tracking.
    • 6/29 box delivered - no label on jack plate, dust all over baffle, someone else's invoice.
    • will NEVER do business with this trainwreck again.

nice guy, decent product, shouldn't be in his own business. :rollno:

speaker sounds great, as it should if you know what components are going into it. the alt speakers are celestion neo's rated @ 300w ea. still would like eminence ca-2010's in there, tho.

i'll do it myself.

17. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I noticed my cab was dusty too, just on top. That's what happens when a freshly sprayed box sits for months while other boxes are being constructed and sanded close by.:rollno:

18. Blues Cat you were right about the July time frame. Here I sit with no cab. It's been 9 months now. Ordered a stock ,no upgrades, 2460D at the end of september. Prepaid money order. Last I talked to Marc was 2 mondays ago. He told me to call him in 2 days to "remind" him.

19. Good Grief!! :rollno:

20. I have no experience with Dr. Bass, but Don at Low Down Sound has been great to work with, and my cab should be finished fairly soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.