1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Doctors and white cars.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RED J, Oct 18, 2013.

1. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Curious question. I know we all have color preferences, but had an interesting experience this morning. At a place I was working, several Doctors ( all Psychs, I think ) showed up for a conference in five Mercedes, BMW's and Porsches that were each and every one white.
    I couldn't help but wonder, was this a mad coincidence or is this the "I'm a Doc" car ? Anybody ?

2. all the doctors in my area drive dark blue or dark green vehicles.

and real estate agents all drive champagne colored vehicles

3. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    I know a proctologist that drives a brown car. His wife is a Phlebotomist and drives a red car. I just don't get it.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    My wife is a pediatrician and she drives a black Chevy TrailBlazer SS. That thing is fun to get groceries in. (390HP engine)

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Was his name Dr. Van Nostrand?
    hqdefault.

6. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    Yea it was. aka the Assman.

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I was totally thinking of this episode too when I saw this thread!

It's a wonder Kramer didn't get thrown in jail much earlier than the final episode for all of the times he impersonated a doctor. :D

"I am Dr. Van Norstrand from the clinic."

hqdefault.

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The cops didn't get him for dropping a rubber ball full of crude oil from a window onto a Manhattan sidewalk either.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nor for erasing the dividing lines on the highway to make for wider, more comfortable lanes.

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    My experiences as well, oddly enough lol.

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm a Paralegal and drive a white car myself.

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    I'm a mechanic and I drive junk.

13. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Isn't that a little cumbersome in city traffic?

300px--HK_CityHall_Seaview_51217_5.

14. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Mr. N, I'm really sorry to bother you and I know you're really busy, but there's just one thing that bothers me. Do you mind if I ask...? Isn't that a little cumbersome in city traffic?

300px--HK_CityHall_Seaview_51217_5. [/QUOTE]

Amended for Columbo :D

15. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Amended for Columbo :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.

16. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Since you state that all of these guys are shrinks, they are probably quite different than physicians. Most of the doctors I know drive black cars and perhaps silver follows as distant second.

17. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    As someone who likes to kill time at work (they don't really pay me to DO anything; just be here 'just in case') by "building" cars on their websites, I've noticed that expensive cars- especially European ones - charge a lot of money for paint jobs that aren't one of 3 or 4 basic colors. White is one of the 'free' ones; maybe that's why? I know I would be reluctant to pay $500 and up just to have a blue Porsche or BMW; and some of them (like Maserati) charge thousands of dollars for some colors.

Then again, maybe they just think white goes with their lab coat. :D

18. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    It's the most common color in any lease fleet and a lot of professional organizations have group lease deals. My sister is a PA and one of her bennies if she wants it is a vehicle lease at a better than average monthly payment. She's real outdoorsy and needs an SUV with a bike rack and all they offered were street cars so she kept her Pilot.

And it may just be one big assed co-ink-e-dink

19. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    I do find it a bit difficult to parallel park.

20. My doc drives a black car and my mom works at an eye doctor office and all of the docs there drive black cars as well. I drive a black car, I just don't make that kind of money.

lowsound