Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Documentary about George Furlanetto?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JPJ, Aug 8, 2005.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Just found out about this today and was wondering if anyone at Talkbass was involved. Sounds like an interesting project.

www.fbassfilm.com

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    thanks for the heads up, could not happen to a better (and my favorite ) luthier in the world. I am hyped i get to visit the movie star himself later this month when i play Niagara Falls. He is a short drive from there.
    Congratulations, George!

3. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    I met the film maker at the shop..had a nice chat... and was asked to be involved...but I'll be out of the country for a little while and may not get the chance. He seemed like a very nice guy and was truly interested in the concept of "quality" and the motivations of people who still care about creating with that in mind.
    Could be something really interesting.. maybe not just for bassists either- hopefully it will follow through!

Mitch

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Mitch, will you be in Hamilton on the 25th? i have a gig in Niagara Falls with Sheena Easton and I am flying out a day early to drive to the shop on the 25th, spend that day.. drive back to Niagara Falls that night, the show is on the 26th and George said you might be around, so you guys can come to it - hope you will be around! peace, Adrian

5. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    Hey Adrian, as luck would have it I'm leaving on Aug 19th.....too bad because it would have been fun to go with George to catch your show....but I have an idea (I'll pm you)

Good your coming up to the shop.....(will be easy for you to get to too). He has a great crew and all the basses are a GAS (literally).

Thanks for letting me know about the gig-
    Cheers,Mitch