1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD 250 circuit question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jerrod, Oct 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jerrod

jerrod

Mar 8, 2011
    So I have a question about low end loss on the 250 circuit. I know that by design there is a low end loss that increases as the gain is increased to help with clarity that is built into the circuit. The question I have is if that same effect happens if you boost the signal going into the pedal or if it is only tied to the position of the pot that is tied to the gain. So in other words if I put a boost in front if the 250 does that boosted signal suffer the same low end loss as a non-boosted signal with an increased gain setting?

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    IME it does not. Maybe if you ran it AFTER the 250, you may get some low end back. The low end stays in the 250 pretty solid until you start to get past 2 oclock or so. Depending on the version you're using. I know I have an OG, a reissue and a custom clone I had made. The clone has the best low end response but then it also has a few tricks up it's sleeve. But to answer your question, IME, once the low end starts leaving, there isn't much you can do short of adding a clean blend to bring it back in.

Nunovsky likes this.