Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD 250 Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrpink123, Apr 2, 2004.

1. mrpink123

mrpink123

Feb 12, 2004
    Bristol, UK
    Hi all

My DOD 250 arrived today (hooray), plugged it in and it sounded horrible. Pretty sure that was due to a nearly dead battery, so anyway I've been out and bought a power supply.

My question is, is the DOD 250 (reissue) negative or positive tip? I can't seem to find the information in the manual or anywhere on the internet! I don't really want to blow up my new pedal!

Thanks

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Congrats on joining the 250 club, I am glad it see that it is cating on!..

All 1/8" DC adapters are + tip...

There you go... You can get the DOD adapters at Musicans Friend for cheep, or the Godlyke powerall comes with an adapter...

Alex

3. mrpink123

mrpink123

Feb 12, 2004
    Bristol, UK
    Much obliged. Sounds much better now, that's one nice pedal! Now I'm just awaiting my double muff! mmm! :bassist:

4. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    I use a One Spot daisy chain adapter to power my Sansamp BDDI and tuner pedal. Will this power a DOD 250 also??

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i bought a cheapo $10 adapter from dick smith electronics (australian brand) and it works perfectly with no hum.

6. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I like the way the 250 sounds with a weak battery. Sounds like burning.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes. But you'll need a C35 adapter which costs a grand total of $3.50 shipped.