1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD bass grunge

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wazzel, Feb 29, 2008.

1. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Help me figure out the knobs!! I have not used it in a long while and I forgot what each one actual is supposed to be. It is one of the orginal issue. I want to label the know with somehting an old fart can work with.

From left to right

More
    Zip
    Stupid
    Juice

I think they are

Effect
    Tone
    EQ
    Level

2. I think that it's blend, gain, tone, volume.

Why the heck did DOD think it was so stinkin' cool to put nonsense names on all their knobs?

3. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Got me on the cool part.

Thanks on the input. I'll have to try it tonight to see if that makes sence.

4. Darylw425

Darylw425

Mar 16, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Founder: BassBrites USA
    I think it's:

More - Blend
    Zip - Treble/Tone
    Stupid - Gain
    Juice - Level

5. BAW

BAW

Aug 1, 2008
    Long Island
    i know im reviving a mad old thread but i just got a bass grunge pedal of ebay. it came in the mail today and after an hour of giving ti a go in my room, and then a few more hours at practice, gotta say im happy with it.

Darylw425 is right about the controls, mine came with the manual as well as the explicit noise stickers.

does anybody else have one of these?

6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Just as an aside: I use a Digitech Grunge for my bass distortion and VERY happy with it. Never tried the DoD. I do notice that altho my Digi Grunge works great with my P/J setup, it sucks with my soapbar'd bass. Hmm, wonder if the DoD does the same.

7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i have two. it's got some of the thickest tones available from a pedal - almost chewy!!
    it's a mainstay on my big board, and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

8. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Wow, this brings back memories. This was one of the first pedals I ever bought way back in high school....I think I might still have it somewhere in my garage. Sounded pretty ferocious from what I remember.

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I love mine. Got it for $15 bucks new and it's a muff with a clean blend, but better. I put a Green Ringer clone after it and a MXR Blue Box before it and I have every fuzz sound I could ever want. Great pedal.

10. RiXx

RiXx

Feb 22, 2011
    Qu├ębec
    Great pedal! It's been on my board for many years and still is, but I hate the switching system! :spit: It needs to be changed quite often...