Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD Bass Tec Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Corallo, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    Anyone hear or use this pedal?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I used to have it... I sold it to a friend. To be quite blunt, if it's the only pedal you can afford and you really really want multi-effects, go for it. Otherwise, get a different unit. I sold the BassTec and got a Zoom BFX-708. I don't use effects anymore, but it's probably the better pedal for your money, IMHO

3. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I'm not really sure if I want to use effects. I've never used them before. Its just I can get a gently used one for $100. I'm playing 70's rock, country, jazz, and music at my church. Do you see any place for effects here?

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You may want to use some distortion for some grit, or the EQ on the pedal, but in my experience, you don't really need effects for "church bass". I played in a church band for about six months, and the only time I got out the 'ol effects box was when I wanted some compression. Are you playing through an amp, or going to a house system? I'm not sure how you're set up, but you may be safer spending your money on something like the Sansamp Bass DI box, it has light distortion and a 2 band EQ.

On the other hand, if you feel effects can add to the music you're playing, go for it!

5. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I agree with you. I can't justify the money right now on something I'm not convinced I need. And I've got EQ on my amp. Thanks for your input.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I can see my work here is done...