Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD BASS30

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BLNDPNGWN, Dec 4, 2000.

1. BLNDPNGWN

BLNDPNGWN

Nov 28, 2000
    I'M CURIOUS ABOUT THE BASS30, AND WONDER IF IT IS WORTH THE $200.00 PRICE.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Haven't used one, but they are $160.00 at Mars. If you get one, let us know how you like it.
    Doc

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I tried the DOD in a music store and didn't like it (sounded a little weak and thin IMO). The Zoom 506 sounds better to me, and costs less too. (I don't believe any multi-effects pedal in this price range is going to sound great.)

There are some Boss ME-8B's on eBay. Other members on this board seem to like the ME-8B quite a bit (I've never tried one). You might be able to pick-up one of those for around $200. Good luck.

4. CashBass

CashBass

Dec 2, 2000
    Boston, MA
    While I agree with Slater that the Bass30 is a tad thin it does offer exceptional modelling capabilities and ease of use for the price. Not something you want to take into the studio but great for practice, some gigs and experimentation.

5. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    I use the me-8-b but I've never heard a better fretless simulator than the 30. I e-mailed the company and suggested that they build a pedal dedicated solely to their fretless, sell it for 70 bucks and they would sell a million! I also ask if they would send me a cut....anyway, I have and use a nice Jazz fretless so I won't be using the 30.(It smokes the 506 IMO)

6. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    In my opinion, it sucks, and the zoom 506II is much better.. the thing was really complicated to work anyway...

7. BLNDPNGWN

BLNDPNGWN

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually the damn thing is really easy to work! $hit, it's F*cking awesome. Plus I got it cheap.

8. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    i had one and i hated it i couldnt get any cool or usefull sounds out of it the only things i liked about it was the tuner and 6 sec playback but i dont need that i wouldnt buy one again all the sounds are weak and the first four effects all sound the same so i returned it and bought emg's