Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD BassTec

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Hey, if you have a Basstec, what do you think of it? I know that a lot of people don't like it or feel indifferent about it, but what do you think? I personally like mine, especially the auto-wah effect and the harmonizing/octave effect.
    Bye

2. MrJBass

MrJBass

Apr 3, 2000
    Massachusetts
    I've had my BassTec for about a year now, and I have mixed feelings about it. I like the AutoWah a LOT. I also like the chorus, distortion, and tremolo. The enveloped fx: leave something to be desired. The ring modulator and detuner: I just plain hate 'em. The flange is ok, but the Phase sounds kinda harsh past five. The harmonizer is ok, but the only ones that are in tune are the fourth/fifth Above below. The octave up is so badly out of tune, that I was messing around with it, and my friend yanked my cable out and told me to tune. It's just an ear-sore. The reverb: ok, but would be better if it had better echo fx. the gate works well, especially the volume swell setting (14).
    Another thing that I don't like about it is that in order to get the best sound on each effect, you need to have the output all the way up, but that amplifies the signal so much that I have to turn my amp down and then I don't get as good a sound on that end. Oh well.

MrJBass

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Basstec? I've never heard of this. I like to think that I'm up to date on the latest and greatest, should this Basstec be on my radar?

4. Mosfed

Mosfed Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Maybe 16 years ago....

5. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Partner - CCP Pedals

Was @the_Ryan even born when this came about?

blindrabbit likes this.
  6. Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Doubtful

blindrabbit likes this.
  7. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    He was still just a "sauna thought" ...

blindrabbit likes this.
  8. Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I actually just read the OP - dude hated the Basstec!