1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD Battery Cover Quest

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fldrvr, Jul 24, 2012.

1. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    Anyone got any leads on a replacement battery cover for a DOD FX-- series pedal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. I have a broken DOD grunge pedal. I can't remember if the battery cover is still on it or not but if it is you can has it.

3. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    Hey that would be really cool! Can you have a look? I may take it whether you have the cover or not.

Let me know- Thanks

4. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Everybody knows DOD pedals work best with a PP3 battery trailing away out the arse-end of it on the battery leads. I've never seen a 2nd hand DOD pedal with the cover intact...

I had to pass on a DOD octaver because the pots crackled. Turned out it was because the back was missing and you could peer into the pots clearly... Oh and the power jack was some weird 3.5mm device and it said it wanted 10 volts.... too fussy by far.

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Slightly OT but I'm looking for DOD spares too.
    More specifically the older knobs with the grey discs in the top.
    I've tried digitech, where the reply said basically that they don't make these pedals anymore!
    If anyone has an old, dead, pedal that they could harvest the knobs from pls get in touch or if there is a source for these knobs please let me know!
    Pls excuse the derail.
    Thank you

6. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    Still looking...

7. Have you tried emailing DOD?

8. I can't find the pedal at the moment. I will continue the search. Sorry man.

9. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Really? I have three. All bought used. All intact.

10. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    Yep, but haven't gotten a response yet. Fingers crossed, but all indications point to that resource being dry.

11. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    It's cool, I really appreciate you looking. Keep me posted.

12. oi_pride

oi_pride

Jul 2, 2009
    concord, nc
    Endorsing Artist: Knucklehead Strings
    i too have a DOD pedal missing the battery cover. i wonder why it is that they could make a pedal you could kick the crap out of, yet the battery covers would just disappear. like somewhere there is a troll hoarding all of them.

13. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    does

www.mammothelectronics.com

have them?

14. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    I suspect these guys ...

underpants_2D00_gnomes610.

15. oi_pride

oi_pride

Jul 2, 2009
    concord, nc
    Endorsing Artist: Knucklehead Strings
    Ahh, so it's the dwarves.

16. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    Thanks martonebass, there's nothing there that would be an exact match.
    Thank you though

17. Earache

Earache

Feb 3, 2012
    Denver
    I have a DOD FX with a battery cover and those knobs for sale in the classifieds. I'm not sure how that helps anyone. :meh:

18. fldrvr

fldrvr

Apr 26, 2012
    Came across this ebay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOD-4-Contr...882?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c299d5452

19. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    Fldrvr- thanks dude, but they arent quite the right ones. Appreciate the heads up tho.

If fldrvr would like to go halves on the sale- I'm up for that earache

20. I have a DOD Overdrive pedal with the battery cover intact, unit works perfect last time I used it. I don't think it has grey knobs, but I can check when I get home from work. Someone wants to cover the cost of a flat rate box I will ship the whole unit and you guys can part it out from there.