1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD Boneshaker 34.95 ended

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassbrad, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Thanks, I bit. It's The Boneshaker designed by Black Arts who did the Pharaoh. I guess it's worth it to Harmon to get my data

3. Yes it is they run specials all the time and don't junk bomb too badly.

I really do like the Boneshaker for the unique tone stack and saturation profile.

4. Geez what harm can you do for $35?
    That’s a perfect sweet spot price, and that looks versatile enough to get you at least a few tones enough to make it worth it

5. Yep, have mine set to get the sound i recall from a rare old Systech Overdrive, very unique mid range profile.

6. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I wasn't a huge fan of the drive character - not 100% sure how to describe it, but it felt very hard and jagged, whereas I like my drives to be either open and hairy, or smoother and more neutral. I did like it more with roundwounds than flats, though (main bass has flats). I also plan to pick up both a guitar and a bass VI in the future, and I think the Boneshaker will be more useful there.

The EQ is crazy useful, though. You have to keep in mind that there's a gain stage after the EQ (so boosting the frequencies distorts them more), but I'm having trouble envisioning a setup you couldn't voice this for.

theunknowndude likes this.
  7. I am with you, I always found the character too out of sorts with my band mix... always lost the edge I have with my other pedals that have a smoother character or blend feature... may revisit it in the future as my “play pedal board”.

8. Hope another few folks were able to grab one at the bargain Cyber Monday price

9. Yup I did. Worth it to see what I can get out of it. At least it’s guaranteed to be different than my HM2, and better Than that POS BOSS bass OD.

10. Oddly I have been considering picking up an ODB3 to replace mine that died that led me to try out a bunch of distortion and drive pedals.

zapped777 likes this.
  11. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    If you're referring to the ODB-3, yes, it's waaay better.

zapped777 likes this.
  12. I’m probably not gonna keep my OBD-3, if you want it you can have it cheap, PM me!
    Works fine i just never got along with it.

zapped777 likes this.
  13. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    The $35 Boneshaker is back at Harmanaudio.com with about 1 day left if you want to grab it! I figured why not try it for that little money!

willsellout likes this.
  14. I’ve been contemplating.

15. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    will it play "clean"? looks like it would be a great eq pedal.

16. Watching the demo, it does not play clean.

yodedude2 likes this.
  17. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    thanks for the response. i've watched the videos, read the reviews...gonna pass on this one and stick with my art tube eq.

18. I bought one. Hard to pass up.

19. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    I'd jump on this but the offer is US only :(

20. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    I picked one up a few weeks ago, figuring it probably wouldn't knock anything off my board but for the price why not give it a go. Cool pedal, well made and I dug the EQ controls. It didn't give me a "wow!" distortion but it was still quite usable.

A week or so later, my son asked if he could try it with his guitar. He's got a little Line 6 Spider combo amp that's got some entry-level effects he can switch on but he wanted to try a pedal. Kind of a cool moment, actually. Anyway, we hooked the Boneshaker up to his amp and it kicks serious butt on guitar. Very meaty distortion but also articulate without being harsh. The kid instantly dug it and started playing whatever came to his mind while I tweaked the pedal. Now the Boneshaker is his.

And so it begins...:)

_DSC5783-7.